No Media Device Found

Hi, I am using an Innuous Zenith Streamer and use it as Roon Core, it is connected through USB to a Chord Dave Dac and runs fine.

Today, I update the Zenith firmware to 1.2.1 and the message came out with No Media Device.

When I goes into Audio setting, I can’t see the Dave but instead there are 5 options which all start with “Intel HDA …” (ALSA)

What should I do?
@support

Hi @William_Ip ----- Thank you for the report and the feedback, both are appreciated!

Moving forward, to help aide in my evaluation of this behavior you are experiencing may I kindly ask you for the following:

1. An expanded description of your current setup as seen here.

2. A screenshot of your “audio” tab highlighting the issue.

3. Besides the firmware update on the Zenith, have any other changes been made recently or is this the only once since noticing this behavior? Furthermore, in your troubleshooting of this issue, have you tried rolling back to the previous firmware version to confirm if functionality returns to the device?

-Eric

1. I am now running the Roon Core within the Innuous and It is version 1.3. I believe Innuous OS is a Linux. The music folder are stored in a Synology NAS but all files are readable so there shouldn’t be an issue there.

2. I shall provide the screenshot later when I have access back to the system but how do I upload it here? As said, I am only connecting the Chord Dave thru USB and before, it is the only media device I saw (even with the device name recognized). Now, I saw 2 media device (HDA Intel VL888 Analogue/ Digital) even when the Dave is not connected. And 3 more (HDA Intel PCH xxx) when the Dave is connected

3. I don’t know how to downgrade the firmware but that is the only change.

It works after overnight unplug but some how besides the Dac, 2 more media device are found

Hi @William_Ip ---- Thank you for touching base with me and providing the requested information/screen shot, both are appreciated!

Just to confirm, after having unplugged the CHORD DAC over night and then plugging it back in (in the morning) the connection has remained stable, correct? Furthermore, the additional fields you see under “connected to core” appear to be associated with a Realtek (ALC888) driver that comes installed on the Innuous device.

-Eric