No volume levelling for many Qobuz new releases in Roon

Lately I’ve realised that for a lot of Qobuz new releases Roon is not performing volume levelling (stays zero) which I can only presume is due to this info missing from Qobuz?

However, on some releases I’ve found that some of the tracks are being volume levelled in Roon.

These sudden jumps in volume are not great :upside_down_face:

Interesting. I seem to remember that Qobuz didn’t have the info in the past, then had to run a volume leveling scan across their whole file storage which took a while. Maybe the daemon crashed or doesn’t keep up :slight_smile:

No idea what is going on if I’m honest.

I never noticed this to be an issue until recently when I started getting big jumps in volume even when levelling applied in Roon. When I checked the signal path, levelling was zero and that’s when I figured it was something wrong.

Old releases don’t have this problem.

Maybe it takes a while for Qobuz to provide this info to Roon or scan their catalogue but I have releases from one week ago and still no volume levelling.

The last official thing I find is that it was done years ago and continues to be done for new releases:

But no info here if there is a delay for new additions. I didn’t notice any gaps ever though even for new releases, so I would guess a glitch currently

1 Like

That’s the thread I also found when searching if anyone else reported this issue recently.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.