Non-functioning Roon after the last update build 1211 (02/2023)

Roon Core Machine

Intel NUC 10i7FNK, i7, SSD, 32 GB RAM

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Router: Vodafone Docsis 3.1 (firmware version 01.04.046.17.EURO.SIP), Switches: Netgear GS105E Prosafe Plus v2, Ethernet 1 Gb, without using VPN

Connected Audio Devices

RME ADI-2DAC FS, USB interface

Number of Tracks in Library

approx. 99.000 tracks, NAS Synology DS1520+

Description of Issue

After the last build 1211 update, Roon is completely non-functional in combination with my NAS library. Any playback from the NAS library does not work. If I have the NAS library connected the system as a whole is extremely slow. Loading any task takes about 10 to 15 minutes. It loads over and over again adding music to the library even though I have not added any new music. Currently, see the screenshot below - 229 tracks. Once the loading is complete, this repeats over and over again from the beginning. This cycling has been going on continuously since the last update and there is no way to stop it. I have rebooted and completely reinstalled all parts of the Roon system (operating system, server software, applications). I have also disconnected and reconnected the NAS. All steps without any positive result. If I disconnect the NAS library and leave only the Tidal and Qobuz streaming services then Roon is able to function. However, without the local NAS library, Roon is unusable to me. I have also tested the Synology NAS with it showing no problems and everything works. The music library on the NAS works in other applications without any problem. All indications are that the latest Roon update is probably the reason for the current critical issues. I note that before the last Roon update everything worked without any problems. I have not encountered such a serious failure of the Roon system so far. I find this situation unacceptable, especially in view of the fact that this is commercial paid software. It is simply not possible for the software to become unusable after installing an update. I expect a proposal for a solution from the Roon team.

1 Like

So still no response from Team Roon. Does Roon care about the problems of paying customers? Obviously not. Since the last update (14/02/2023) my Roon system is completely unusable. Towards the end of last year, I considered buying a lifetime license and out of fear that a situation like this might arise, I “thankfully” only bought a yearly license. I am considering leaving Roon as this approach to paying customers is unacceptable and too arrogant. I would expect, if nothing else, at least basic information. Roon’s support is absolutely inadequate.

1 Like

Currently, on the seventh day, the Roon system is entirely non-functional. Still no response from the Roon team even after 4 days. It beautifully shows how much Roon cares about its customers. This is the arrogance of the highest degree. Unacceptable.

You do realize it was a long holiday weekend here in the USA where Roon support is based yes?
Whilst I can understand and sympathize with your frustrations here, derogatory comments are not likely to help you in any way.

1 Like

Are you serious about the holiday weekend? I hope it’s a joke. Will Roon refund the money for the time Roon not working? My comments are certainly not derogatory. I am merely stating the bare facts. I pay for a Roon service that doesn’t work and Roon shows no interest in doing anything about it

1 Like

If you mean am I serious about the FACT that it was a holiday weekend here in the USA so there would be no Roon active support then yes I am.
Support will be along when they reach your thread in their queue.
We will have to agree to disagree on the opinion of the nature of your comments.
Thank you.

1 Like

Hey @Jiri_Petru, I’ve passed your issue report on to @noris, our Support team lead, so he can take a closer look.

I believe that your dealer reached out to us also and alerted us that you’re actually running two Roon Cores on the same network? I note that you haven’t mentioned that in this issue report.

Can you please verify if that is correct and confirm that this issue report is yours as well? That information may help us reach a faster resolution.

Hi @jamie, thanks for the response. Yes, it’s as you say. We have created 2 service tickets for this problem (Non-functioning Roon after the last update build 1211 (02/2023) and After new update roon is slow ). We have 2 cores with Roon rock connected independently to a central NAS with a music library on a single Ethernet network for two users within the home. The problem with the Roon system occurred with both Roon systems at about the same time after upgrading to the latest Roon software version. I can also confirm that I have contacted the dealer in my country and he is also addressing this issue.