After new update roon is slow

Roon Core Machine

Intel Core i7-10710U Comet Lake 4.7 GHz, 250 GB SSD disk M.2 (PCIe 3.0 4x NVMe), Kingston FURY SO-DIMM 32GB KIT DDR4 2666MHz CL15 Impact 1Gx8

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Switches:Netgear GS105E Prosafe Plus v2, Router : Vodafone Docsis 3.1(firmware version 01.04.046.17.EURO.SIP), Ethernet, no use of VPN

Connected Audio Devices

ADI-2 DAC, USB connection

Number of Tracks in Library

Library is in the NAS Synology DS1520+ , 96963 tracks

Description of Issue

After the last update roon slowed down to the level of loading one album in 5 minutes. Furthermore, it still loads 104 songs round and round. Even after restarting roon, pc audio. I have reinstalled the roon software several times with no success. It is unable to load my entire library.

1 Like

I cannot use roon, because its not working, its still loading loading and loading…

1 Like

You have nearly 100k tracks it is updating. I’d give it half an hour or so.
Inconvenient yes, but it should return for you then.
I have 40k tracks it took about 10 minutes.

When its finnishe than its load again and then finnish and loading again… This cycle its from last update till now

1 Like

Not the case it should not be rescanning his entire library because of an update. He is not the only one suffering this anomaly either.

3 Likes

Thank you. I’ll do better hopefully next time.

Honestly, appreciated.

1 Like

Happens to me too. I leave the “adding music…” in the background an after hours it is not finished, sometimes just with 25 tracks (from tidal). And the added albums never show on the home page. If I restart the Roon Server app the added albums are on the home page, no more background adding music, the speed is back… I forgot when this started to happen, but months ago for sure (not only with the last update). I have to restart about 5 days or so. But I do not mind a restart

1 Like

Have you put a ticket in for this? It does sound like some database issues of some kind.

If I do restart than it will load again and roon app its so slow so I cant use it, one click than 5-10 minutes I will wainting to load homepage or a album

Thanks, I did not put a ticket as it is not annoying yet. When it will get annoying I’m going to try with a empty database. Back one year ago when only 5000 tracks (tidal saved) speed was not an issue. Now I’m at 57600. I do not remember if when m1 mini got updated to Ventura all started. Now mini is running Roon Server and HQP but I started only in January so I cannot blame that. Also my network is not the best, I’m running on the ISP router (a very cheap one) that goes in a tp-link switch (for everything). I guess I can do better.
When it gets really grumpy is when I delete albums from library, quick and many (I’m a bit of ADHD). So I did find that is better to use the tidal app, moves faster. Still do all the reading on roon as that is what I love about roon.

Now that sounds a bit more serious than what I experience.

1 Like

Is there anything spacial or wrong with the files? Are local files? If you stop adding the files it is working better? Can you test using an external hard drive instead of adding the files from the NAS? These are just quick ideas, I do not know if any help.

its similar issue as this 5 minutes to load a single track since 2.0 Build 1211 - Support - Roon Labs Community . So files are good, I checked without library and with library. NAS is working fine but roon software not I think.

And this, where support just have a suggestion

After 17 hours its still loading. I can’t play my own files through paid software, this is an unacceptable situation.

96 hours and still no respond from ROON? Its really good behaviour!

1 Like

Hey @Roman_Petru, I’ve passed your issue report on to @noris, our Support team lead so that he can take a closer look.

I believe that your dealer reached out to us also and alerted us that you’re actually running two Roon Cores on the same network? I note that you haven’t mentioned that in this issue report.

Can you please verify if that is correct and confirm that this issue report is yours as well? That information may help us reach a faster resolution.

hi @noris.

Its copy paste from Non-functioning Roon after the last update build 1211 (02/2023) - Support - Roon Labs Community

Hi @jamie, thanks for the response. Yes, it’s as you say. We have created 2 service tickets for this problem (Non-functioning Roon after the last update build 1211 (02/2023) and After new update roon is slow ). We have 2 cores with Roon rock connected independently to a central NAS with a music library on a single Ethernet network for two users within the home. The problem with the Roon system occurred with both Roon systems at about the same time after upgrading to the latest Roon software version. I can also confirm that I have contacted the dealer in my country and he is also addressing this issue.

Hey @Roman_Petru,

Ben from support here. Before digging in deeper, there seems to be a few different threads and support tickets open surrounding this issue. It would be massively helpful for us if we could keep things contained to this thread only moving forward. I appreciate your help there. :pray:

For a next step, we’ll need a set of logs from the core that is represented in the screenshots from the time period around when the issue occurs. I’m not seeing a core device active on your account with 96000 tracks. Can you bring it online and reproduce the issue? Sharing the specific date and time of when the issue occurs would be helpful as well.

Or, alternatively, reproduce the issue and use the directions found here and send over a set of logs to our File Uploader.

Thanks! :+1:

Hello @benjamin, Thank you for your response and I’m glad something is finally “happening”. Yes, both Roon Rock kernels are not online because I refuse to wait until Roon remembers it has customers who need to play music. I understand that the matter needs some time to be resolved, but I consider it crucial to inform customers immediately that a problem has been noted and a resolution is in progress. In the situation at hand, Roon did the opposite. Roon left customers with a problem waiting helplessly. You simply did nothing. And in particular, I consider this to be a fatal failure of Roon’s communication towards customers. The problem in question is not just affecting our two accounts, but definitely affects more customers. I think you know that very well.

Roon has been non-functional for 9 days. This is an unacceptable situation for me. For both audio systems, I have currently switched to another music software provider and deleted the Roon Rock SW on both NUCs. I have also suspended the monthly payments on one of the accounts. For the other account, I have unfortunately paid for the annual license. So I am currently paying for a non-functioning product. Count on the fact that I will be asking for a refund for the time Roon is not working. It is quite clear that the problem is on Roon’s side, the other music software provider works without any problem. If you resolve the problem I will consider returning to Roon. But you will have to work hard to regain my trust. Currently, my trust in Roon products is at a standstill. I am very frustrated with the situation.

However, I will still be happy to help you solve the problem. I have of course backups of both systems for a possible return to Roon. Can the logs you requested please be traced in the backup files? If so, can you please advise me where specifically I can find them and identify them?
Thank you

1 Like