Not able to connect Roon Core after Roon remote is updated to build 528

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Roon ROCK version 1.7 build 528

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Gigabyte Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Holo Spring (USB) and Aries Mini (Gigabyte Ethernet)

Description Of Issue

After I’ve updated my Roon Remote on my Android phone to build 528, I encountered not able to connect to Roon core, most of the time. If it does connect it will always connect to ‘settings’ page as compared to my iPad in the ‘Overview’ page. This is very strange indeed. I don’t have issue In the previous build 521 in my phone. I’m running on Android One OS Pie 9.0. The hardware are

Qualcomm MSM8953 Snapdragon 625, Octa-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53
Adreno 506 with 4GB of RAM. It is a Xiaomi A2 lite phone.

Note that if I can manage to connect after several try, it doesn’t go to the main page rather always in the ‘settings’. This is first time I encountered this in build 528. Can you guys check?

Hi @MusicFidelity,

Is there any change in behavior if you try re-installing the Roon Android app from the play store?

How is the ROCK connected vs the Android phone? Are they on the same router or is the phone on an access point of sorts?

Hi @noris
I’ve tried to re-installed Roon remote several times on my Android phone but still unable to connect to the Roon core. Now I use primarily my iPad to connect or my laptop to connect Roon core.

I’m using a main router that is connected to Roon core for all Roon remotes.

Hi @dylan

After updating to build 528 on my android phone, it works for the first time when I launched the app. After closing the app, and launch again it no longer connect to the Roon core. The previous version works. I’m using a Xiaomi A2 Lite running on Android One OS, 9.0 pie. The hardware specs:

Qualcomm MSM8953 Snapdragon 625
Octa-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53
Adreno 506

Hi @MusicFidelity,

If you click on “Help” and manually enter your Core IP address or 255.255.255.255, does that work?

Hi @noris
Yes, it works. Now I’m able to connect Roon core.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.