Not seeing all Tidal albums for artists

I am not sure about the mix of Main albums vs EP since I already search, liked and added them to the main. That is a detail I will look more closely at the next time.

Correctly labelled as an EP in Roon

Incorrectly labelled as an album in Tidal :wink:

I hope this was my error in not viewing the singles and EP list more closely. I tend to look at the Title main list.

1 Like

I’m new to Roon and I’m having the same problems. I searched for the Norwegian band, Soup, and on tidal there are 7 albums and a number of EP’s and singles while on Roon only 3 LPs. Likewise a search for Genesis was missing pretty much everything before A trick of the tail. The albums are there and I can find them if I search for them individually.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Elton John TIDAL album not showing up

I posted this - didn’t realize it was split. Think it belongs here:

That said I just tried Soup which isn’t in my library. Worked and showed albums, not compositions. This is an intermittent thing and I can’t see a clear pattern yet. I just know that I’ve looked for artists well represented in Tidal without albums being presented by a Roon search.

This has been bugging me since day one and there has been no fix nor has Roon addressed this issue.

One other place you can find more albums that don’t show up under the Tidal Main Albums is the next catagory down which is Singles and EPs.

And if you know it’s an issue you can apply a bit of extra effort to get there. Find a way to get to an album by that artist and add it. Then more should pop. Weaving through compositions is one possible way. It’s just a weird one, hard to pin down.

So here is yet another album I see on Tidal but not in Roon (Tidal) The Verve / Urban Hymns (Deluxe/ Remastered 2016. I only see the remastered version in Roon. Please someone from Roon explain why this is happening and this is not a current album.

Same thing happened to me, I went to artist looking for a particular album and it wasn’t listed so I searched on album name and it did, as well as others that wasn’t in the first listing. This has happened on a number of occasions

I know exactly what you mean. Hey its not so bad when you actually know the name of the album you are searching for but I thought the whole point of having a streaming service was to discover new albums from the artists. This is not happening in Roon. I am at the mercy of Roon to pull up all of Tidals albums from the artist and clearly this is not happening all the time. The album I just mentioned I can not even search and find it in Roon but it is clearly available in Tidal when I use there app.

I wish I could just use Tital with fidelizer but you need an organizer.

None of the albums for the band Astronoid are showing up this AM. I can find them with an artist search on the Tidal desktop app and Tidal on the web, but, when I search for them in Roon, I get “No Results Found.” The toggle for “Only in my Library” is off.

Any help greatly appreciated!

1 Like

I had never heard of them but did a search. Same response - No Results Found – when Tidal clearly has the material.

As I have been saying, there is some disconnect in search related to artists.

Yup, same here and problem has been since day one and still persists.

In the US. Just did a Tidal search for astronoid and got back an artist link and four albums. When I clicked on the artist link I saw two main albums and two EPs.

The first time I clicked < to go back from the artist page I saw a searching for astronoid page for 5-10 seconds but subsequent navigation has been immediate.

I was able to play both albums and added both to my library. Just a coincidence but they brought my album count to 1,000 :rofl:

Tim

Are any improvements planned in this area? When searching Tidal directly for artists I find a lot more albums vs searching through Roon.

I think you need to post specific examples to support your claim. Every time someone’s suggested there’s a mismatch it has been shown to be false.

The only caveat to that is on release day, where there’s a lag between the album being parsed by Roon’s data provider.

We have been posting examples look back through the archives

Every single one, including the latest one posted, is fully available in Roon.

You were the worst offender. I patiently and painstakingly pointed out why you were wrong about Hailstorm/Halestorm. The very first example you posted.

I just searched for Astronoid in Roon (the latest example). It exactly matches the albums and EPs available in native Tidal.

1 Like