Now Playing Screen Clicking on Album/Artist link takes either ages or does not work at all [Ticket In]

The problem is not solved. :frowning: Despite the statement that:

Fixes for performance issues caused by Now Playing

Hi @Katun,

Have you updated to the newest iOS build already? You can check this info in Roon Settings -> About on your iOS device. As far as I know the new builds are still being approved by Apple at this time and will be deployed on a per-region basis, so it might take a bit longer to see the update become available on your end.

– Noris

The update for RoonRemote is not available yet neither in Russian nor in the American AppStore. Question: why upload an update for Roon, if there are no updates for RoonRemote in the AppStore yet?

Because as a general rule, we’re not going to make all our customers wait for Apple.

We finished our testing last night and released the update to all platforms, but it’s Apple’s approval process that adds this delay. I suspect the new version of iOS will be approved early next week.

There are exceptions to this rule, for example when the new version of Roon Core won’t work with an outdated remote. In those cases we do generally hold back the release to ensure people who depend on iOS aren’t stuck with an incompatible remote and no way to control Roon. But that’s a small percentage of the releases we’ve done, maybe 3 or 4 times ever.

All of that said:

The performance fix was in the Core, so the iOS update is not related – if your Core is running Build 416 and you’re still having performance problems, something else is going on.

Now it’s ok. (with new RoonRemote on iPad, build 416).

1 Like

I’m using a MacBook Air as my core device. How can I determine if it is running Build 416?

@NipperDog - You can go to Roon -> Settings -> About (top right-hand corner of settings) from your Roon Remote and it will list the build version.

– Noris

1 Like

Thanks Noris, my iPad is set to build 401 and my core is at build 416. Should my remote device also be set to build 416?

Yes, you should have both Core and Remote updated to build 416 for this fix. I suggest updating the app in the App store and then verify that for both Remote + Core build 416 is listed.

– Noris

1 Like

Thanks again Noris!

I deleted the Room app and they downloaded it again and now they’re both showing build 416. :+1:

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Can’t see core audio devices after upgrade to b416

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.