Now playing some sweet Soul, R&B and Funk

I suspect we “just” need to update the search indices faster – there is work being done in this area, but I can’t give timescales.

BTW, I’m curious to understand how you discover your new music on a Friday. Do you go to TIDAL’s app first and discover there? Or do you hear about releases independent of TIDAL? Do you favourite in TIDAL (because if you did and re-synced in Roon, the album would appear immediately if we know about it).

1 Like

Thanks for explaining the difficulties.

Looks like Tidal took the opposite route and shows all including the rubbish and you simply have to wade through it to find what you are looking for. Not ideal either but eventually I can find what I am looking for. I would have given up long before I had come to Mario the 3:d in Roon

1 Like

Probably the biggest release of this week is nowhere to be found in Roon today so the lag is still there… it’s favourited in Tidal and Tidal has been re-synced in Roon…

Completely understandable. For me, if the album is in Roon and in the search index, appropriate search terms have rarely, if ever, failed me. So I think we know what to do here – you should be able to search for it as soon as it’s “in Roon”.

2 Likes

That’s actually the title of my old thread, so the same still applies.

Can’t search for a remix

The title wasn’t “the remix isn’t there” :grin:

I’m just playing with you. I’m happy it’s there though.

Yes, Tidal has a great ‘suggested new’ for tracks and albums. Based on artists I follow and stuff I listen to.

It also has a section at the bottom of the Tidal app ‘New releases for you’, which is another personalized section.

Of course, there’s the general ‘new albums’ and ‘new tracks’ too.

Today I can listen to Drake’s new compilation ‘Care Package’, which will probably be the most streamed album on the planet this week.

It’s not in Roon… Maybe it will be there tomorrow, maybe Sunday. Who knows… the classic 1-2 day wait that my friends laugh at me about :cry:

Not a complaint obviously :grin: because I can listen to it. Just feedback.

Mainly use Tidal and Spotify app in android to discover and listen to music. Have put chromcast’s on everything at home. Enables me to listen Soundcloud and Mixcloud too.

I favourite in Tidal to let them know my likings and have them tune their suggestions and obviously get all forwarded to Roon.

Only using Roon on laptop when working, Use Roon on android to start/stop/skip song and adjust volume

Drake has dropped a new compilation of B-Sides and rarities called Care Package . Announced yesterday with little fanfare

My bold. This is painful for us; the price we pay for deep integration of a streaming service (with all of the benefits that brings) is that there can be frustrating lag for late dropping albums. I would hope that this album will be available this afternoon (UK time), but I can’t guarantee that; it depends on whether or not the metadata were in the latest data dump we received from TIDAL.

No offence taken. It’s right for you to push when things aren’t right. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Joel, you’re a good man. This is why I poke and prod you but only when others bring it up.

I wouldn’t use the word ‘push’. My initial raising/flagging was probably pushing but every now and then I’ll only politely poke and prod, only when someone else raises the same issues.

I know you already know about these things and that work is happening to improve, behind the scenes.

Not a complaint - just feedback.

1 Like

Let’s get back on topic. :smiley:

1 Like

And now some disco :star_struck:

1 Like

Even if I didn’t have a calendar I would know when it is Friday in Australia by the large number of new posts from @dabassgoesboomboom in “Now playing some sweet Soul, R&B and Funk”.

@Joachim_Fishman, thanks for posting more of your choices. I’ve enjoyed them!

1 Like

I have a few friends that have the same tastes in music as I but don’t use Roon (yet) who check on this thread for recommendations.

So if for nobody else, I do it for them :grin:

Revisiting some great older (younger) Mario.

Despite what the track progression is showing below, the track isn’t actually ‘skippin’ :grin:

Graduated from Harvard at 19.

Writes, plays, produces nearly everything.

2 Likes

@joel Mario - Goes Like That GXNXVS Remix has now disappeared in my Roon.

And it’s not in my local library.

Still can’t search for the specific remix in Roon… and now it’s gone to a different Mario…

Tidal desktop app has it well sorted and easily searchable, as always…