Now playing some sweet Soul, R&B and Funk

I’m craving some too :grin:

Before I move onto the real thing, I’ll start with this great cover by this legendary Melbourne (Aussie) R&B group. Legendary to our small R&B community here anyway :grin:

1 Like

Ok now onto the real thing. And Houston, we have lift-off with the first track :grin:

1978 gorgeous production. RIP to the legendary genius Maurice White.

Crank this one loud.

3 Likes

Stunningly gorgeous album cuts. Eargasms… sorry if that’s too much info :grin:

3 Likes

Written by a 16 year old Stevie Wonder in 1966… :exploding_head:

His version was released many moons later (with MJ on background vocals) but originally performed by Tammi

3 Likes

3 Likes

Classic. Sampled and covered too many times to list.

2 Likes

You know you have an instant classic when it’s covered by two great artists the very next year :grin:

Bobby Caldwell’s 1978 classic of course (one of my all time fav tracks).

3 Likes

One (off many) favourite EWF track

2 Likes

Brilliant. I was mostly going through my favourited tracks last night.

But I think I’m due for a proper album binge listening session this weekend because they have so many great deep album cuts.

One of only a few tracks I’ve seen that gets EVERYBODY to the dancefloor :grin: - all ages, all cultures, everyone. Still to this day and probably till the end of time.

One of the all time great feel-good tracks.

3 Likes

Her new album covers so many different genres. Love that.

Fantastic new track by this legend.

3 Likes

So much good new stuff.

2 Likes

More great new stuff from this talented Swede.

2 Likes

Wish Roon could fix their broken search function. Had to find that Mario track using Tidal as Roon could not bring it up…

Was worth the trouble, great song

1 Like

Just released today, so as usual, wait 1-2 days for it to show up in Roon…

And then searching remixes are a different problem again and can take even more time as per:

Can't search for a remix

Some of my friends laugh at me because I pay extra on top of Tidal, to wait longer to hear new releases and to get less track credit data (as per Roon data versus Tidal desktop app - track data ) than the official Tidal app…

@joel and @danny know all this though and Roon apparently have plans to fix these things, so hopefully it’s just a matter of time… I’m sure we’ll eventually get there.

Awesome. I’ve had it on a repeat a few times today. Simple, gorgeous melodies.

It’s already in Roon. Unfortunately, because the digital wholesalers and/or streaming services conflate artists of the same name under the same ID, we are not able to equivalence that ID to the canonical artist.

For now, to find this album, just search for “Mario”.

For me, it’s the 3rd Mario :frowning: .

Your remix album is the last one in Singles and EPs; but you can see how much rubbish there is coming to us under the same TIDAL ID.

It’s a far from ideal method of finding the album, but most new stuff is now arriving in a timely manner.

That’s great news. I should have checked before saying ‘wait 1-2 days’, so accept my apologies.

Yes, as you acknowledge it’s not the ideal way. Here’s the search for the specific remix we’re talking about (not the album but that’s great that it’s there):