NUC10i3FNK2 Roon Core Kit slow

Thank you for checking on processing speed. At least that eliminates one variable. The next variable is the Roon Remote app. For example, I use Roon Remote on an Android tablet. The app is not as responsive as it would be on a desktop computer or modern iPad, esp. if I use the lock screen controls - it takes a couple of seconds between a tap to pause/plays or skip forward/backward and when the song actually starts playing. Inside the Remote proper, the controls respond instantly.

Have you tried using Roon Remote on a couple of different devices? That would eliminate another variable.

The problem is not related to DSP. Even if I don’t use it the songs are played after 10 seconds at least.
Regarding the app on Android, or on an apple device everything runs fast when the core server is installed on windows but the problem come out as always when I decided to install roon optimization core kit on the NUC instead of windows 11 core server.

Was just trying to get clarification so @support can assist you better when it gets to their queue.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Thanks. It looks like you’ve tried a lot of different options/settings. It must be frustrating. One last thing that you might want to try is to boot into BIOS to see if there aren’t any settings there that throttle the CPU. If you are not sure what those are, you can just restore default settings, except, of course, legacy mode, which you’ll need in order to boot into Roon Rock. If you are brave (:slight_smile: ), you can even update your BIOS to the latest version and see if that helps.

I’ve already update the bios (It’s part of my work to do that stuff :smiley: ) , and yeah it’s a little bit frustrating but I’ll solve in some way (reinstalling windows on the NUC for example). Thank you for you advice!

Hi @Andrea20 ,

We looked over diagnostics on your ROCK and it looks like there are some network-related errors and network timeouts.

It is strange that the same setup with Windows 11 install is working without issue. You mentioned not having any local files, only TIDAL files, but can you try to download some local files and see if they exhibit the same issue?

You can download free sample files from the 2L Test Bench (right-click on the file size → save as) and load them on a USB drive or the NUC internal storage (if applicable) for testing.

Did everything network-related remain the same when you used Windows (same Ethernet cable, same router/switch port)?

1 Like

For now I’ve installed as I said windows 11 on the NUC and everything works just fine. Maybe in the future I’ll try to reinstall ROCK and test what you suggest. Yes, when I use windows on the NUC everything is the same (router, cables, etc). Thank you

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.