Nucleus+ and Tidal issue [Resolved - Fixed using Google DNS]

I’ve just purchased Nucleus+ and it is working fine except it won’t play any Tidal music. I switched Core to My PC (Windows 10 + Roon App) in the same network, and it plays Tidal without any issue. Nucleus+ plays NAS and internal storage files properly. I bought My Nucleus+ in the US. I’m currently living in Japan but my Tidal membership is based in the US. I reinstalled, restarted and reset the Nucleus+ but issue was not resolved. I need a support.

Thanks for sharing your report with us, @Takahiko_Iwaya!

May I ask that you please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Did you transfer your Core to a new machine or was this a new Core database that you used on the PC?

Since noticing this behavior have you rebooted your Core machine?

Regards,
Dylan

Hi, @dylan thank you for your reply.

I have been using DELL notebook (Windows 10, 64bit) as Roon Core for a few months, my playback is SFORZATO DSP-Pavo, both of which are wired by two Ethernet cables to the same router (Baffalo WZR-HP-AZ 300H). I’m using a NAS (HDL-RAHF-S1) which is also connected to the same router with another Ethernet cable. This PC is installed with Roon version 1.5 (build 323) 64bit. There were no issues at all to play any music stored either in PC’s own hard drive, NAS or Tidal streaming.

I added Nucleus+ so I unauthorized my PC and authorized Nucleus+ as Roon Core. Set it up to start using it, reinstall the firmware which is now exactly same version 1.5 (build 323) 64bit. By the way, Nucleus+ is also wired to the same router with Ethernet cable. It plays all music stored its own internal server (480 GB Toshiba SSD, which I installed) and in the NAS but not Tidal.

What I’m facing with Tidal is very similar with what is described in another topic linked below.

The differences are mine is Nucleus+ and his is ROCK, but otherwise how Tidal behaves is very similar with his case.

Hope this additional information helps.
Regards.

Thanks for the details, @Takahiko_Iwaya!

I have enabled diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here. The next time your Core is active a diagnostics report will automatically be generated and uploaded directly to our servers

Once that’s been received, I’ll be sure to update this thread and pass the diagnostics over to the team for further analysis.

In the past we have seen Google DNS help with similar reports. If you try using Google DNS, do things improve?

-Dylan

1 Like

@dylan, I changed Nucleus+ networking with static IP to use Google DNS, and it started playing Tidal finally. I’ve just tested a couple of albums and it seems working. I’ll update if I experience the trouble again. Meanwhile, please double check a diagnostics report when it’s available. Thanks.

I’m glad to hear that this is working for you now, @Takahiko_Iwaya. If you experience any other troubles please feel free to reach out, we are always happy to help.

Happy listening!
-Dylan

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.