Nucleus does not read the hd

As a side note, if you are just adding a couple of albums, it would be better to do that via the network if possible. I would only physically move the drive around like that if I had thousands of new tracks to add.

Its an external hd. I ripped new cds on a computer , then transfer via usb to the hd.
It has been working fine this way until last week.

Hi @jimmy_khalifeh,

Just to confirm, is this a message you saw in Roon? Can you share a screenshot of what youā€™re seeing here?

Iā€™d also like to second @Rugbyā€™s recommendation ā€” You can add files over the network without having to move the USB drive back and forth between computers. You can find the drive via Finder at this path smb://NUCLEUS/Data/Storage or File Explorer at this path \\NUCLEUS\Data\Storage.

1 Like

Hi Dylan
It was something like that!
When i plugged the hd back to the Nucleus, i couldnā€™t find any of its tracks on the remotes.
And the Core was not being found after some minutes.
So i restarted, and when entering the storage that was a message that the hd was modified, replaced or something like itā€¦ couldnt be located by the core at all.
By adding a new folder as i did last weekend it started importing all over againā€¦ 5 hrs
As i wrote theres no way to backup 8t on the Dropbox ( it would demand aprox 4t) .
I have my filled backed up so i m not losing themā€¦
It wasnt like thar before. Every new cd i imported to the pc , i Used to take the hd out of the core, upload it then attach it again, with no problems.
It seems that importing to the hd without disconnecting it could solve the issue.

Hi @jimmy_khalifeh,

The initializing issue is happening because of the issue that you discussed with Danny, stemming from the size of your library. If you move to a Nucleus+ these issues should no longer be a problem.

Thank you Dylan

When i bought it i was told that this basic Nucleus was enough to my almost 8 t hd( not less than cd quality files, many of them hirez, ripped from my sacds ) and it has been working flawlessly since i bought it in Oct 2019.
Now i have this issue plus many disconnections from the remote( cant find the core) .
As i really admire roon and your very friendly support, i asked my dealer ( which i also admire , not just as a very reputable dealer , but as a friend) to see how he could help .

Btw: adding files thru network to the hd without disconnecting from Nucleus worked , avoiding to lose all data and initializing it all over again!
Best
Jimmy

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.