Eero Beacon

Connected Audio Devices

Wavelength Cosecant DAC (USB)
LG TV (HDMI 1)
Sonos Amps (WiFi)
Sonos Ports (WiFi)

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

When attempting to copy music to the Nucleus+ internal storage, the process hangs. I have attempted to copy an entire folder of music, only an album’s worth as well as a single file. I have tried this from two locations, a NAS and a MacBook Pro, both over WiFi.

Additional issue, when attempting to bring multiple tracks, the import copy count starts to increase track by track, well beyond the number of selected tracks. For example, at the moment after attempting to import a single song that appeared to fail, the import count is at 583 and continuing to count upward.

To troubleshoot I have both rebooted the Nucleus+ and I have reformatted the hard drive, which seems to be the only way to clear the import queue.

Please advise. Thx!

Additionally, I have added one hi res album that is 474MB and it appears to be using 8% of the two terabyte storage which seems quite high.

Hey @Jordan_Kurzweil, thanks for your patience! I’m sorry that this has been your experience - we’re happy to help.

Have you yet read this article regarding imports to internal storage: Nucleus Internal Storage

Are you attempting to import the files using the Drag and Drop Method or through a SMB connection?

Usually, when the import hangs like this, it can mean that there is an incompatible file type/file name or a corrupt file. Other users have had success by running their files through an audio converter, such as dbpoweramp. You can convert the files into the same file type (ex: FLAC to FLAC) and see if that helps import properly.

If not, we’ll want to take a look at the logs to see if we can pinpoint why this is happening. First, can you please reproduce the issue once more and note the time at which the error occurs. Then respond here with that time, and I’ll make sure we review the diagnostics related to that timestamp. You can then use the directions found here and send over a set of logs to our File Uploader.

Thanks so much!

1 Like

Thank you so much. Will do.

I was using Drag & Drop from a WiFi connected MacBook with brand new FLAC files downloaded from HDTracks.

1 Like

hi @ashley i have recreated the issue:

7:13PM ET Dragged and dropped FLAC file
7:22PM ET Dragged another file from the same album while the other was still copying/importing. At this moment the download progress started adding tracks to both the complete and overall tally. What tracks and why it was adding them, is a question.
7:36PM ET Dragged remaining songs from same album and “File Copying for Import” starting counting up beyond the 35 additional tracks that were added.
9:41AM ET Checked status and “File Copying for Import” totals were 557 / 20,424, import appears to be continuing… but of what? Storage is at now at 96%. No additional tracks are appearing in Roon software.

Logs have been uploaded via the File Uploader link provided above to “Noris Onea”

1 Like

Hi @ashley I just reuploaded the logs – hadn’t quit the software to generate the new log file. Please use the file titled “Updated_Jordan_Kurzweil” thx!

Thanks, @Jordan_Kurzweil! We’ll take a look and get back to you as soon as we know more. :pray:t3:

Hello @ashley following up on this. I still can’t copy files to my Nucleus+ internal storage. It’s been 8 days since i sent in my logs. kindly advise. thank you.

Hi @Jordan_Kurzweil ,

There are some strange traces in your Roon logs, we are checking with the QA team on this, your patience, while we check with them is appreciated.

In the meantime, can you please confirm if you have the same behavior if you try to connect to the Nucleus as a network share (SMB) and copy the files that way instead of using drag-and-drop? Does that work as expected?

SMB Connection instructions can be found here:

Hi @noris thank you for the quick response.

I am able to add songs via SMB/attaching the Nucleus+ as a network share.

1 Like

Hi Jordan,

Glad to hear that SMB worked, that is a good data point for the QA team, and I’ve noted this in your ticket.

hi @ashley @noris - following up on status. please advise.

@noris @ashley - following up on status, please advise. kindly note: i have owned the device for a month and it has yet to fully function.

Hi @Jordan_Kurzweil ,

Thank you for your patience here while the team has had a chance to look into this further! The QA department did some testing on their end with MacOS drag and drop on Nucleus and they have been unable to reproduce this behavior. In your Mac logs, it just appears that the transfer starts and then is stopped 2 seconds later, almost as if something is blocking it:

Line 30775: 01/15 18:05:24 Trace: [remoteimport] begin transaction 9e74771f-9118-49fc-b5a9-0ab17ffa0db8
	Line 30777: 01/15 18:05:26 Trace: [remoteimport] canceling transaction 9e74771f-9118-49fc-b5a9-0ab17ffa0db8

Do you have any other PCs that you can try to see if the same drag-and-drop issue occurs? Also, please ensure that if you have any firewall Roon is added as an exception there, this behavior can also be due to a firewall blocking the communication.

Thank you. I will test with another PC. In the meantime, please advise/provide more information on how to set up Roon as a firewall exception.

1 Like

Hey @Jordan_Kurzweil ,

What kind of antivirus or firewall are you using on your PC? Is that an icon for Norton in your screenshot?

Norton Virus (only on the laptop)
and
Eero

Hi @Jordan_Kurzweil ,

Please see these posts with additional info on how to add Roon as exceptions to Norton:

Thanks!

Hi @noris, I was able to set Roon as an exception in Norton – which enabled drag and drop from my Mac to Roon (yay!), but I am still unable to drag and drop from my NAS to Roon (via the same Mac). ANd the behavior is strange (same as reported earlier):

When attempting to drag an album’s worth of music from the NAS the songs TO IMPORT count goes above the number of files being dragged in. In this particular the number was over 3000, IMPORTED song count went to 283 and then everything stalled/stopped. I have sent in a new log so you can investigate today’s interactions. It is listed under my name.

Hi @Jordan_Kurzweil ,

What kind of NAS are you using, can you list the model/manufacturer? How are you attempting to drag and drop from the NAS?

I would instead set the NAS as a storage location that Roon watches and then use drag-and-drop directly to the NAS and then Roon will pick up those changes at the next NAS scan.