Nucleus intermittently loses connection

My pleasure, Larry…

Yes, exactly. Roon when it starts will notice it missing and create a brand new fresh instance of the directory.

1 Like

@Rugby Thanks. hopefully this will work

2 Likes

So just crashed again. @support. @noris. Can someone please help. @danny

@support if this is un fixable please let me know before I pay another annual fee.

Not sure why I keep uploading the logs if no one is reading them. @support @noris @danny

Another crash.

@danny can I get a refund on my last renewal???

Hi @Larry_Gelman ,

I’ve looked over your Nucleus logs and this is very strange, it looks like the logs just abruptly end, even while just playing music. I’ve looked over your hardware-level logs too, and there don’t appear to be any signs of common hardware issues that I could see.

It is possible that there is an issue with one of the hardware components of the Nucleus that would fail to show up in the hardware logs, such as faulty memory or possibly a power button issue. Where did you buy the unit from, a dealer or directly through us?

I can check with the RMA team to see if they’d be willing to run some tests on the unit, but since you mentioned purchasing the unit 3/4 years ago, this would mean that it is out-of-warranty and there will likely be a fee associated with this.

If you’d like to try to narrow down the issue further on your end, you can also run Memtest86 (for at least 24 hours) to rule out RAM issues, I’ve provided a link below. Let me know your thoughts on this, and we’ll also follow up via PM regarding your account renewal, thanks!

https://www.memtest86.com/tech_creating-window.html

@noris. Thanks for getting back to me. Yes the unit is about 3 years old , so out of warranty. I already replaced the power supply(bought from Roon) network switch and ethernet cable. I’ll try Memtest. Please let me know what the RMA would involve, As you said this is very strange. I can go a week or two with zero issue. then the next day it will crash numerous times

Larry

Crazy how random this issue is. Been listening for 7 hours with zero problems.

Well its was good while it lasted.

And were back. Sort of like a Phish intermission

What an inconvenience I hope you solve it soon

Thanks. Just crashed again after 3 hours. Waiting for it to boot back up

Absolutely no rhyme or reason. Been listing for 12 straight hours with zero crashes.

Yesterday after 3 hours crashed 5 times in two hours.

My nucleus has been randomly rebooting for the past year or so though not nearly to the degree yours is.
At first i was told it had been corrected in a recent software upgrade but it kept happening
Latest advice was to delete the file you have been instructed to delete.
Did that yesterday and things ok so far but like i said mine revoots only like twice a month
Not nearly as bad as your situation
Wasnt sure we were suffering from the same issue but then saw we both have been given the same instructions to delete the file
Best of luck to us both

New software downloaded. Same problems.

@beka. Did you hear anything back from RMA regarding my issue?