Nucleus intermittently loses connection

Hey @Larry_Gelman,

We are truly sorry there have been only temporary improvements to the situationā€¦ :pensive:

It looks like just yesterday the RMA team has emailed you. Did the email reach you?

1 Like

Hi @beka. Yes they did. I sent out the Nucleus this morning. Thanks for you help! Larry.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Nucleus reboots randomly

@beka I am awaiting my unit to be returned from RMA. I choose not to repair the unit. Cost was almost half that of a new Nucleus.

RMA mentioned that the Ethernet port seemed loose. Not sure if that would necessarily power the unit off and reboot

Iā€™ll see how things progress and reasses when my Roon membership expires.

1 Like

Thanks Larry
Pretty maddening issue.
Good luck

1 Like

I have a REV A. ~12,000 tracks. I would like to upgrade the memory. What are my options? Iā€™m assuming it has 4gb currently? What should I upgrade it to? 8/16/32 GB? Is the only one slot?

If anyone can provide a link (from Amazon) of what I should get , would be very helpful.

TIA

This may help, although itā€™s a later + the principle and the knowledge within should help.

Funny
I started that thread
Just put 32gb of RAM in mine
Dont notice much difference

thanks. does the regular Nucleus (rev a) have 2 slots?

were you having performance issues? Crashes?

4GB will be more than enough for 12000 tracks; hence there can not be crashes because of too little RAM. Iā€™m confused; why upgrade the RAM ?

Not sure. I read that extra memory prevents multiple crashes?

Nothing wrong with RAM upgrade, but if your system need more memory than you got; Nucleus will crash, but this will not happen with 12000 tracks. I ran more than 150.000 tracks with 8GB; and it became iffy when doing analysis of tracks in the background while doing other heavy usage.

I upgraded my Nucleus from 4 to 8, then from 8 to 16. I did it just for the heck of it. I only have 42 local tracks.

@Jim_F . What issues were/are you having?

Not any. As I said, I just upgraded for the heck (fun) of it.

1 Like

Trying not to make this a crazy thread. My Nucleus reboots randomly. I can go a week/10days with no issues. Then it will crash every few hours. I figured this would be the last attempt of a fix before i leave Roon.

Have you created a support thread regarding this with all the relevant details included?
Iā€™m going to take a guess itā€™s not memory thatā€™s the issue so that might not help you much in this instance.

Yes, Yes and Yes. RMA stated that i have a bad Ethernet port problem. But obviously thats not the case.