Nucleus + Migration Failed

Yes, I have always understood that LMS should not be “running” in the background when the roon remote is being used. Doing so renders the Squeezebox feature unusable via the roon remote.

But so you understand where my uncertainty still lies is the fact that, before I was introduced to roon, I had the LMS software installed on my desktop so I could use my Squeezebox Duet as a remote. When I decided to check roon out, I installed the core on the same desktop pc where the LMS was still installed and I also used this same desktop as my primary remote instead of the Duet.

Even though the roon core has now successfully been moved to the Nucleus, I still use my desktop pc as the primary roon remote. Thus, every time I open the roon app on my desktop, I am not technically savy enough to know whether roon is recognizing/utilizing/sharing some of the registry keys (i.e., ones and zeros), created by the LMS software installation, which allows my Squeezebox to function properly via the roon remote.

Based on the KB article you referred me to, I believe that LMS software does not need to be installed at all for the Squeezebox to work when using roon.

That said, I will continue to keep the LMS software installed on my desktop pc should I ever need to use the Duet as a remote.

You are correct James. But I want to be sure that the LMS software does not need to be installed on my laptop or potential future remotes (ex., tablets; cell phones; etc.) in order for roon to recognize my Squeezebox.

Thanks James. That was the confirmation I was looking for short of testing that assumption when I fire up my laptop later today. Do you use Squeezebox yourself? Or are you basing your confirmation based on the KB article you shared?

Thanks James. I will let you know if your and my understanding of the roon instructions pans out when I test it out on my laptop.

Sounds like you have a better understanding of the word “emulating” than I do. Hope you are right. Thanks.

It means that the Roon software has the functions of LMS built in. So, you don’t need the LMS software when using Roon.

James FTW, supported by this image which was captured on my laptop’s roon remote, without LMS software installed…

Consider my issue solved thanks to noris and James. Thanks!

2 Likes

Hello John (@jb76) ,

Happy to hear that we were able to resolve all of the issues and get you up and running! Thank you again for reaching out to us and working through the proper troubleshooting steps, if there’s anything else you need assistance with, please don’t hesitate to reach out again to us!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.