Nucleus no longer visible on network after updating to 1.0.221

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

• Nucleus Rev B, S/N 54B2038BCFA1 running up to date OS

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Apple AirPort Extreme. Firmware is up to date but I can’t tell when the last update was done.
Nucleus is connected to ethernet.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

USB connection to McIntosh C2700 USB port.

Description Of Issue

My Nucleus stopped working completely last night Aug 11. It had been working very well since I installed it in January with just a few minor glitches that required reboot.

This is what I now see when I try to open Roon from my Mac or iPad.

I also get this response when I try to access the Admin Interface screen.

Here are the troubleshooting steps I’ve taken without any success.

• Rebooted the Nucleus several times by pressing the power button for 5 seconds then waiting for 30 seconds to 5 minutes before turning it on again.
  • Swapped ports on Apple Airport Extreme.
  • Replaced ethernet cables
  • Replaced Sbooster power supply with original Nucleus power supply wall wart.

By the way, the Nucleus ethernet port’s yellow and green LEDs are both on. The yellow LED never flashes and the green LED flashes occasionally.

I’m stumped and need some advice. Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Hi @Luis_Viana,

Apologies for the trouble here! Can you connect the Nucleus to a TV or monitor via HDMI and power it on? Can you send a picture of the diagnostics output when you do this?

Thanks!

Hi Dylan,

Hope this helps.

Hi! Looks like we’re having the same issue :weary:. Just reported a similar issue … hope they can fix this for us!

1 Like

Thanks for sending that, @Luis_Viana. It looks like you’re experiencing an issue that is affecting a very small percentage of ROCK and Nucleus users after the latest update. We are continuing to investigate and I’ll get back to you ASAP once we have more information.

1 Like

I powered off my entire Nucleus Rev B based system last night just prior to an electrical storm. When I powered up today my i-Pad Roon Remote notified me that there was an update. Since then the Remote cannot find the Nucleus: “Choose your Roon Core…Looking for your Roon Core” message. Multiple reboots, including the NetGear router and PSJr DAC to no avail. A little help, please, Thanks,

1 Like

I’m having the exact same problem with my Nucleus: iPad remote can’t find Nucleus (Rev. B) after update. I was prompted for an update this morning and waited an hour, then two, but my remote wasn’t able to detect the Nucleus. I unplugged the Nucleus and plugged everything back in several times. I held the power button until it powered off, nothing works, still can’t detect the Nucleus.

We have a potential solution for this we are hoping to test with someone who is experiencing this issue. If you’re interested, please see this post:

Hello!

I have now the same problem, after i install the latest SW.
A second unit has no problem after the same update of latest SW.

regards

I am having the same issue after the most recent update on my Nucleus+. Machine went down 18 hours ago and after numerous cold reboots nothing. No WEB access. Honestly guys…my Nucleus+ is only 5 months old and I have had this type of problem 3 times already. This should not be happening considering how much money this cost… I am feeling very frustrated…

I hear you, having the same issues, it’s very frustrating to say the least! I love Roon but these type of things just makes me angry and shouldn’t be happening…

We have a solution available for this. You’ll need a USB drive, a USB keyboard, and a monitor or TV to connect the Nucleus to. Please see the post below for more details:

1 Like