Number of songs/albums/artists is decreasing!

Upon opening Roon today, I noticed that the number of artists, albums and tracks have all decreased significantly.

I have around 45,000 songs in my iTunes library and I know that some didn’t make the jump to Roon for various reasons but I was still around 44,000. Today that number is down to 41,086.

Of course, I don’t know which songs, albums and artists are missing but I find this disturbing. I’ve forced a rescan and it didn’t fix it.

I want to be able to access ALL of my music and this is very frustrating.

My setup:

Running Roon 1.8 Build 806 on an iMac (3.2Ghz Intel Quad-Core i5) running Catalina (OS 10.15.7) and with 16GB RAM. Output via USB to a Zen DAC connected to a pair of Grado SR60 headphones.

Connection is by wifi to a router located on the main floor of the house (the iMac is upstairs in an office). TP-Link AC1900 router connected to Technicolor TC4400-AM modem.

No streaming services, just a watched iTunes music folder on the built-in HD. Screenshot of path attached.

Ive moved this to the #support area but you need to describe your setup.

In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

1 Like

Do you have hidden or duplicate albums? You can enable or disable to show these albums in settings.
This might be the issue with a lower album count.

Thanks, Arlen. No hidden or duplicate albums, though…

This might be an OS issue. I’ve been having various weird problems with this machine and restarted just now and got up to 46,790 tracks. Screenshot attached. Might be replacing the machine soon now! :slight_smile:

2 Likes