Oh Dear, oh dear - Roon keeps losing the plot and pausing Tidal music

I think I have done that. Let me know if not. Tell me : I am confused - I talk to person A then B then C. Is it just passing me around from person to person or is it escalating or perhaps de-escalating ? It is possible, it seems to me that you (Dylan) are the poor s*d who has to deal with the dumbclucks like me.

I dread the result of saying this - but it seems to be working ! Yesterday and today I had to sign out then in to Tidal (a problem it seems others are having) which is a nuisance but after that all seems to be well. :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Same procedure today with the same results. Presumably someone is working on this Tidal login problem ? :neutral_face:

Later the same day: broken again :disappointed:

The next day: After a core restart once again got the Tidal pink box, logged out then in. Seems to be working fine.

Hi @Dick_Cooper,

I just wanted to check in and see if things are continuing to work okay for you. Has there been any change? Our team is continuing to investigate this issue and if you experience it again please use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link.

Thanks!

Thanks for asking. It works fine PROVIDED I do the daily logout/login to Tidal. I can do logs if you wish but I imagine and hope that you are extremely familiar with this issue.

By the way your reply sounds like ā€œstandard reply no. 7ā€. I used to manage an IT support team and that WOULD NOT DO.

Hi @Dick_Cooper,

If you would, logs would definitely be very helpful for our investigation! We are trying to gather as much data as possible for our QA team so logs would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Sorry to be ignorant. How do I create logs? I assume you want logs where it doesnā€™t work. Am I wrong ?

Stupid ! If I donā€™t log in to Tidal I canā€™t play Tidal via Roon, so no error is possible. If I log in it works perfectly. I will try to upload the logs I have to Dropbox.

I am new to Dropbox, so fingers crossed

Thanks for sending those over, @Dick_Cooper ā€” Iā€™ll get these logs to the team for analysis and will follow up soon.

I have just started Roon (may 14th 1635 French time) and Tidal seems to be working fine. Have you done something ? :grinning:

Sadly, back to Tidal logout/login this morning (May 15th).

Hi @Dick_Cooper,

I just wanted to let you know that we have some upcoming changes to our TIDAL integration that we think might yield some improvements here. Weā€™re still testing this, so I canā€™t provide timelines just yet, but we hope to have it available soon. Please let us know how things go after the update!

1 Like

Thanks Dylan. At the moment about 1 day in 3 Roon/Tidal starts up just fine. Today is not one of thoise days !

I am sorry to say that 555 has not improved the Tidal logging on issue.

Hi @Dick_Cooper,

Build 555 was a small change to address one specific issue. More improvements are coming in the next release which is in the last stages of testing, so we hope to have this available very soon.

Thanks!

1 Like

I had hopes that 571 would fix the Tidal login, but it seems not.