One ALLO transport skips songs without playing, other two work fine

Two DigiOnes play everything while the Signature just skips from one song to the next. All are running build 164 and using the latest DietPi v6.17.12 OS on the same network, with a NUC Core running build 363.

The Signature is different in that it has a separately powered card to generate S/PDIF which could be the problem. I will also post to the ALLO thread.

BTW all three try to install build 167 these days, but report “an error checking for an update”.

Hi @Brad_Burnside,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Is there any difference in the way that the Signature is connected to the Core compared to the other DigiOnes?

The update failure is a known problem causes by a UID/permissions bug in DietPi 6.17. A fix is in the works for DietPi 6.18. In the meanwhile, it is possible to update RoonBridge by rsh-ing into root@. Once you are logged in, type the following:

dietpi-software reinstall 121
reboot

After the device reboots, you should have the latest RoonBridge version.

The network is all hard-wired, no wifi endpoints, using star topography from a Ubiquiti EdgeRouter™ X SFP router with all of the ALLO transports connected the same way. Switching ports on the router makes no difference.
All are now running your build 167 and DietPi v6.17.12. The Intel NUC7i7BNH Core is running v1.5 build 363.
The other DigiOnes play all media, local or streamed. Signature plays none.

Thanks, Fernando. Yes, I had updated to the latest DietPi (and re-did it for good measure after seeing your post), but the Signature still can’t play music.

You could try to test whether this is a problem with Roon or with the Signature itself by enabling a different DietPi audio client such as AirPlay.

I found that shutting everything down solved the problem. Because rebooting my Signature did not work, I replaced it in the main system with one of the older DigiOnes. On a lark, I then connected the Signature to a secondary system where it began working again! I’m guessing that it must have needed to be completely POWERED OFF.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.