OnePlus 6 Android v10.3.1 - Roon Remote keep crashing

NUC with Rock, upated to latest B521.
Before update to B521, it worked fine.

Android Phone: OnePlus 6
Android version: OxygenOS v10.3.1
Roon Remote version: 1.7 B521

As soon as I run Roon Remote on OnePlus, seems it crashed as soon as connected to Roon Core and see the “loading album” or similar text (it closed too fast to see the it clearly).

Hi @Paul_L,

Do you have any other remote devices? Are they working okay?

Have you tried rebooting the device and reinstalling the app?

hi Dylan,
I have rebooted the device, but I haven’t reinstalled the app on OnePlus.

I have another Lenovo tablet with Android 8 or similar, that Roon Remote works fine.

I just reinstalled Roon Remote on OnePlus, it works again. at least no more immediate crashes.
Thanks, will test more.

Thanks for the update, @Paul_L.

I’m glad that things are working for you now! Please feel free to reach out if you ever have any other questions or issues. Happy listening :headphones:

3 posts were split to a new topic: OnePlus crashing after some time, have to clear cache

@dylan I tested the Android Roon Remote application on OnePlus 6 today, it still keeps crashing, then I have to go to Android Application management, pick Roon, and then clear cache and clear storage, then the Roon application works again.
But then once I start using it, sometimes as soon as I performed a search, and tap into an album, then crash.

To my impression, it might be related how the new application caching data.
Hope we will have a hotfix for this issue.

Thanks for the update, @Paul_L.

I think the next step here is to enable some diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here.

However, before I enable this feature, I’d like to ask for your help ensuring we gather the right information.

First, can you please reproduce the issue once more and note the time at which the error occurs. Then respond here with that time, and I’ll make sure we review the diagnostics related to that timestamp.

just crashed again.
FEB 23 10:07 pm PST

Hey @Paul_L,

I have to go to Android Application management, pick Roon, and then clear cache and clear storage, then the Roon application works again.
But then once I start using it, sometimes as soon as I performed a search, and tap into an album, then crash.

Any chance you are trying to open an album without album cover or with default cover ?

1 Like

I tried again, and yes, it crashed when album has no cover art.

Hi @Paul_L,

I wanted to update you here and let you know that we’re still looking into this issue, for a status update please refer to this thread (the thread will also contain any new information):

Thanks!

Hello,

We’ve released a new update, Roon 1.7 Build 528, which contains improvements that we believe will help with the issues you are experiencing here. Please see our release notes below:

Thanks,
The Team At Roon Labs

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.