Ongoing Tidal Problems

Only been a couple/few tracks (so bears maybe a bit more testing), but so far so good on other machine.

If that’s the problem, is there something I might do to fix that? Reinstall the server or something?

FYI, one machine (the one that definitely illustrates the problem) is Linux, the other Windows. The latter has a somewhat faster processor, but am not using DSP.

Thanks for the follow ups @sm31, appreciated! A few things continuing forward…

I can confirm that the mentioned diagnostics report has been received and attached to your ticket for review by a tech team member. Once they have completed their evaluation of the report I will be sure to share their thoughts/findings with you asap.

Furthermore, I have added the observations you have shared with me while the your Roon core is being hosted on another device. Being as playback has been successful on the Windows device I would like to gather more information about the DIY NAS you are using.

1. You mentioned the device is mounted to a managed switch is this still the case? What is the exact make/model of the switch? You also mentioned having access to an unmanaged switch, by chance did you ever test with that device in place?

2. Is the Windows device that is currently hosting your core using Wifi or is hardwired to managed switch like the NAS?

3. In regard to the NAS what Linux distro is being used with the device and does it meet our minimum requirements to run Roon?

-Eric

Both devices are connected by ethernet to the same (tp-link sg3210) switch, so doubt that’s the issue.

Rockstor, which is CentOS-based. Been running fine for a couple years without these problems, so again, doubt that’s the issue.

The MB is the ASRock C2550d4i, which should be adequate (if not ideal for DSP, etc.).

The problem might be a flaky boot drive (the system is reporting some write errors on it). I’m going to swap with a new one to see if that has an impact, but will take a few days. At least, this is the only thing I can possibly identify.

Also, I tried swapping the Ethernet cable; that was not the problem.

So I’m sure there’s a hardware problem, but not sure the problem here is totally related to that. Will be curious to see if the logs suggest anything.

Hi @sm31 — Thank you for your patience here while our tech team have been looking into this issue for you. Appreciated!

Moving forward, the team has updated your ticket and have noticed that there are numerous “drop out” and “lost connection” warning in your logs which may indicate a network and/or hardware problem. Being as this issue went away when you moved your core over to another device this would support your theory about a potential hardware problem. Did you ever end up testing with a different boot drive in the DIY NAS?

-Eric

No; still waiting on the new drive.

But I did move the server to a NUC + Rock.

It’s been running smoothly, but did lose connection once. But debugging complicated a bit now because ISP has been a little flaky past couple days, when otherwise it’s been rock solid.

4 posts were split to a new topic: “Too many failures” warning during TIDAL playback from Roon