"Too many failures" warning during TIDAL playback from Roon

Just paid a lifetime subscription for ROON. Everything has been working fine with ROON/Tidal for 2 weeks. Now I too am getting “This track is not currently available from TIDAL.Too many failures”. Is there an obvious way to fix this?? VERY disappointing.

It seems that deleting the cache in the ROON folder (Windows 10 - located in Users/AppData/Local/Roon/Cache is the way to solve this frustrating problem. Why is this procedure not readily available in a help file or in the ROON instruction manual???
My other suggestion would be that the ROON app should automatically clear the cache routinely, rather than it being a user housekeeping task. Is that likely to be a problem if this simple fix was implemented?

Hello @Dr_Alan_Knight,

Tidal’s servers experienced an outage on September 19th, in the late evening hours on the East Coast of the US. Things should be back up and running normally again.

-John

Thanks John,
Gremlins as always. Yet the moment I cleared the Cache, everything returned to normal.
Either way, we are back to the best of ROON/Tidal.
What a joy to have this resource. I do congratulate you guys for such a fantastic methodology for sourcing all the music (almost all!) that one could ever want. The streaming feeds a DEQX HDP-5 with NAD M27 power amp (active crossover and equalization for 6 channels) into my self-built Scanspeak/Hiquphon 3-way 2 metre towers (better than the Dynaudio Evidence Masters!), So thanks again.

1 Like

I’ve been trying to have ROON support solve the problem for two years with no joy whatsoever.
TIDAL claims it is ROON that is the problem and ROON, having enabled diagnostics, claims it’s a TIDAL account matter.
Here is what TIDAL says:
"Hello, Thank you for your patience!
Our Tech Team has reviewed this matter further and has confirmed this issue needs to be addressed with Roon Support for your device.
They create and manage the Roon app along with its TIDAL interface.
They can assist you further with issues that affect only the Roon app.
If you have any questions after please let us know.
Thank you for your understanding and have a wonderful day.
Best Regards,
Danielle
TIDAL Member Support

I wish you better luck that I am having!

1 Like

Welcome to the club! I’ve been trying to have ROON support solve the problem for two years with no joy whatsoever.
TIDAL claims it is ROON that is the problem and ROON, having enabled diagnostics, claims it’s a TIDAL account matter.

Here is a response from TIDAL today:

Our Tech Team has reviewed this matter further and has confirmed this issue needs to be addressed with Roon Support for your device.
Best Regards,
Danielle
TIDAL Member Support

Welcome to the club! I’ve been trying to have ROON support solve the problem for two years with no joy whatsoever.

Here is a response from TIDAL today:

Best Regards,
Danielle
TIDAL Member Support

Here is a copy of my own latest correspondence with Noris at ROON as well as an email sent to TIDAL on much the same issue:

"Hello Folk (this is to TIDAL),

I am disappointed that have not heard back from you since my last request for assistance (December 2020). I can now add the following from my correspondence over the past several months with Noris at ROON:

From Noris ( Roon Labs: Technical Support)

"Apologies for the slow response here, I have been out of the office for the last week and just had a chance to look over your case, I can confirm that the log report from your Core has been delivered to our server.

Looking over the log, it looks like you are getting TIDAL “Unauthorized” errors contained in them, for example:

[tidal/http] GET https://api.tidal.com/v1/tracks/46520987/playbackinfopostpaywall?countryCode=AU&audioquality=HI_RES&assetpresentation=FULL&playbackmode=STREAM => Unauthorized {"status":401,"subStatus":4005,"userMessage":"Asset is not ready for playback"}

I have responded to Noris today with the following information:

Is there anything particular about your current TIDAL account?
I have a TIDAL Premium account (AUD$23.99/month) as from 22/7/2019.
Have you signed up for it with a promo code or is it a shared account?
Neither
Are you attempting to use this TIDAL account elsewhere at the same time as you are streaming TIDAL content in Roon?
Never - I only use it from my PC through ROON: one Ethernet connection between PC and modem, direct Ethernet from modem to DECQX

Do you see this same issue if you try to stream internet radio stations through Roon?
No, I don’t think so, but I very rarely use internet radio - I just use my playlists or library
Or if you can try to use another trial TIDAL account, this can help further narrow down if the issue is only impacting your current TIDAL account.
Surely it’s up to TIDAL (hopefully with your assistance to get them to respond?) to fix the problem since it is abundantly obvious to me that the issue is NOT at my end since it is always a TIDAL error that appears to be the root cause of the problem.

I do hope that you can implement a strategy to have the problem fixed. I have paid a lifetime subscription to ROON; I pay $23.99/month for Premium from TIDAL. I don’t see why I should be getting “unauthorized” errors since I have signed up ONCE for TIDAL (with UNINTERRUPTED regular payments for over two years) and use nothing else.

It seems that we are at the mercy of ineptitude at TIDAL.

@Dr_Alan_Knight,

Repeated stating the same complaint message across the board is considered bad behaviour and it’s not the way to get help from the Roon team.

Your posts were flagged by the community and hidden, however, I have now grouped them here back in your original topic (September 2018) … I have also moved over the response you received from Tidal.

I’ve checked your posting history and can’t see any further reports of problems sine 2018 so it looks like you have been corresponding with @noris via Private Message / email, thus I’ve tagged him here to follow this up for you.

You may have already supplied this information via PM, but if not, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Hi @Dr_Alan_Knight — I’m closing this Topic and leaving just this message open:

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/music-dropping-out-this-has-been-occuring-for-all-my-time-with-roon-lifetime-tidal/134332/12

Please refrain from posting outside of that message for this issue. I know that Noris met with our QA team to discuss this earlier today and our QA team has let us know they’re going to investigate this further and will give us an update ASAP. Once we have their feedback we’ll be in touch.