Only seeing Roon logo on Web Display

On the surface this sounds just like Trouble with Web Display (marked resolved). But perhaps the specifics are different.

• New Roon Server installation on Windows 10
  • On any browser from any local location, only the big Roon logo is displayed
  • The Settings->Displays section says “No Available Displays”
  • The panel from the volume button on a remote player does not show a displays icon

Perhaps this simply isn’t supported with Roon Server?

Hey @Thomas_Smith — Thanks for reaching out!

I’d be happy to take a look at what you’re experiencing here and get this working for you. So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

When you open the Web Display URL in your browser, you should see the browser appear as a Display under Settings > Display, and also from the Display menu from the volume button, so something is preventing Roon from being able to recognize the web Display. Do you have any active antivirus or firewall on the Core machine? If so, try disabling them temporarily and let me know if there is any change!

Since installing have you tried rebooting the Core machine?

Thanks!

Thanks for the quick response. Here’s my setup:

• Windows 10 Home 64bit running Roon Server (and nothing else). All versions current.
  • Windows firewall completely disabled and no antivirus running
  • Music stored on NAS on local network, but that wouldn’t be involved here
  • Everything (client, Roon Core machine, NAS) using networking wired

I have rebooted recently. The regular Roon clients on iOS and a different Windows machine all work properly, but don’t show browser connections in the volume button.

I appreciate the setup information, @Thomas_Smith!

i’d like to gather a little more information here that should provide some insight into this issue. Please verify the following:

• What web browsers have you tried using, and which versions?
  • Can you provide a screenshot of Settings > Displays, as well as a screenshot of the web browser (including the URL entry field)?

On a browser on the Core machine can you try clearing your cache and then try to use it as a web display? Is there any change?

Thanks!

A post was split to a new topic: Display not working with Samsung Frame TV browser

Not sure what you did (:slight_smile:), but it’s working now. Went to go take the screenshots requested and the browsers are showing in the display settings and volume panel, and enabling them turns on the now playing view.

So from my point of view the issue is resolved, but you folks might still want to take note. Just to complete the story, I had tried a variety of browsers on several platforms, so it wasn’t a browser issue. At the time of the original posting the display panel was completely blank. This was a new setup of Roon Server on a new Windows 10 machine, and had been rebooted, perhaps just once, after the installation and configuration were completed.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.