Oppo UDP-203 - DSD Support

@support

I didn’t find a clear support section on the forum, hence my question here.

I have an Intel Nuc running the latest version of Roon Rock (lifetime).
The NUC does a fine job to my USB dac.

For some reason I can’t play back DSD and/or multichannel music (through network streaming) on my Oppo player.

Am I doing something wrong or is there a plan to enable this ?

Thanks.

203 only supports pcm up to 192 via streaming, DSD is only via USB.
“UDP-203 supports streaming stereo PCM audio up to 192 kHz 24-bit from Roon.”

As they are no longer doing these players don’t see it being developed further.

They were apparently taking names for a final production run but I suspect it would be

1. Challenging to get the numbers
  2. Not cheap
1 Like

I should have said withdrawing from production :grin:

Thanks for your replies…

In this case I might build another NUC with Roon Rock, connect through HDMI and have DSD & Multichannel on my AV Amplifier…

That is correct. The final run sold out fast and the aftermarket has priced these out of a reasonable price range. Time will tell if supply and demand will change this situation. I suspect there is a relatively small number of people willing to pay the high premiums right now, and the prices will fall back into a sensible range soon enough.

Have a look in the Oppo section quite a few posts about hooking up, codecs etc.

Hello @Benedikt_Gruyaert,

At this time, Oppo UDP-203 cannot stream DSD content via Network, you can read more regarding this limitation in the following thread: OPPO UDP-203 and UDP-205 now Roon Ready. As far as I’m aware, USB/HDMI connections do not have this limitation. I hope this helps but do let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,
Noris

A post was merged into an existing topic: Can I play 5.1 wirelessly to my Oppo with Roon?