Outputting to Cambridge Audio CXU

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

I have the ROON 1.7 (build 521) trial. I’ve performed the setup.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

I’m using a Lenovo laptop. It’s connected to cable network through Asus RT-AC68U router. My OS is Windows 10 with all updates installed.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

I wan’t to output to my Cambridge Audio CXU player. My laptop and player are on the same network. My Cambridge player is connected wirelessly. As said, my laptop has a wired connection to my Asus router.

Description Of Issue

In the ‘audio’ section of ROON I can’t find my Cambridge Audio CXU player. Does this mean my Cambridge player is not supported by ROON? What can I do to connect to and output to my Cambridge player? I want to play .dsf files. My player is capable of playing DSD64.

Hi Paul. Cambridge Audio doesn’t appear on the Partner Device Matrix so you’d have to add a streaming device like a Raspberry Pi. It looks like this topic was discussed in another thread which might give you some useful info.

Hi @Paul_van_der_Spek,

As @Alejandro_M mentioned, the Cambridge CXU is not a Roon Ready device, meaning that it wouldn’t show up under the Audio tab under Roon Ready players.

Some Cambridge models offer Airplay or Chromecast functionality, I am not certain if yours does, but I would check to see if it is by any chance listed under Airplay/Chromecast. If it is not under Airplay/Chromecast, you will need to connect to it in a different way.

I noticed that the CXU has an HDMI input, you may want to try connecting it that way and activate the HDMI port on your PC for music playback. Or, alternatively you could add a RoonBridge device that connects to the network and provides Coax/Optical input into the CXU.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.