PC card (no audio)

I have an Nvidia 1060 for my audio out. I’d like to think that I know my way around a pc but Roon has me stumped. When I hit play on any track, it speeds through all tracks in literally one second with no audio. All other audio on my HTPC works brilliantly! Please help. We just signed up as dealers and want the problem solved if we’re going to be selling Roon

Many thanks!
Joel

1 Like

Hello @Joel_Rauer,

I apologize about the slight delay in getting back to you here, I’d be happy to take a look over the issue you are facing. Just to confirm, you are connecting the HDMI out from the 1060 to an AV receiver and attempting to play back music that way correct? Can you please verify the following:

1. The AV receiver is powered on prior to attempting to play music (HDMI output only shows up after your graphics card has performed a “handshake” with the receiver)

2. That you have selected the HDMI output as the audio zone in Roon Settings and that it is enabled and selected.

The Audio Zone settings can be found under Settings -> Audio and should look something like this:

For HDMI sound output it would either be listed as an HDMI Output or as an NVIDIA High Definition Audio Device, have highlighted both possibilities in the screenshot and you should be seeing one of those in your Audio Settings. You can change the audio destination in Roon by pressing the currently selected zone next to volume in the lower right hand corner (in this case I can access my zones by pressing “Chord Hugo TT HD” button as that was my last selected audio zone) and change it to NVIDIA High Definition output or HDMI Output. Please let me know if my suggestions yield the desired results or if they don’t just let me know and we can take a closer look at what could be going wrong.

Thanks,
Noris

Dr. Noris,
Yessir. I did all the above with no result. Maybe we can setup a teamviewer with you and I to nail this down?

Many Thanks for your quick reply!!!:slight_smile:
Joel

Hello @Joel_Rauer,

Sorry to hear my suggestions didn’t work for you. I’m confident we can get this working for you, so thanks for your patience. We don’t generally do support over TeamViewer, reserving it more as a “last resort” – out of the 10s of thousands of installs, it’s only really been needed a handful of times, probably 15 cases where we really needed to see the issue directly. Most of our troubleshooting is done here on the Community site, and I’m confident we can get this resolved for you here as well.

With that said, I have enabled diagnostics mode on your account – the next time your core is active, a report will automatically be generated and uploaded to our servers for further analysis by our QA team. If there is an issue in playing to the specified zone, the error report should be able to narrow down a bit where the playback is failing. I will let you know what QA says about your case after they complete their analysis, I appreciate your patience here in the meantime.

Thanks,
Noris

Tried it, my friend - nothing.

Hello @Joel_Rauer,

I just want to confirm that we have successfully received the diagnostics info from your machine and I have started a case for you with our QA team. I will be sure to let you know their thoughts as to what could be going wrong here after they have completed their review. I appreciate your patience here in the meantime, we will be in touch again soon.

Thanks,
Noris

Please do, ma’man! I’m anxious!

Hello @Joel_Rauer,

I appreciate your patience while our QA team investigates this issue. They want me to ask you to perform the following actions to verify what happens after enabling these features:

• Can you please try to play your HDMI output with “Exclusive Mode” enabled? You can access this setting in Roon Settings -> Audio -> Right Clicking the ‘cogwheel icon’ next to the HDMI WASAPI zone and pressing “Device Setup”. Please try to enable Exclusive Mode there and see if the issue still appears, the option should look like this:

• They have also asked if there is any difference when using 2 channel layout vs 5.1 or 7.1 as some receivers have different limitations to what types of audio they support though HDMI and it may be recognizing the audio wrong, the option would look something like this on the same device setup page:

• Furthermore, if you have an option that says “Send Stereo Content as 5.1/7.1” on that device setup page, please try to enable that as well.

Please let me know your finding when possible and then I can relay that information back to the QA team working on your case for further suggestions.

Thanks,
Noris

Well, Sorry to disappoint but Roon IS WORKING!!!:grinning:

Many thanks to all!!!

Great to hear that @Joel_Rauer!

If you are having any more issues with Roon please just let us know and we would be happy to assist!

Thanks,
Noris

A post was split to a new topic: No Audio with NVIDIA 1060 card

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.