PC not recognizing ROCK NUC

My windows 10 PC has stopped recognizing my rock nuc. This seems to have started around the time Of the Roon update last week. I’m running 1.4 build 310.

Thank you.

If you are seeking troubleshooting assistance, they will need a more complete idea of your setup.

You might try rebooting your core.

Hi @Peter_Zwiefelhofer — Thank you for the report and sharing this observation you have made with us. The insight is appreciated!

I agree with John’s post above, if you could please provide a brief but accurate description of your current setup using this link as a guide it will give us a better sense as to what gear you are currently working with :microscope:

Additionally, have you verified that there are now firewalls or antivirus applications potentially blocking the communication between the mentioned Win10 PC and ROCK?


@eric, sorry for the late response, but busy season is now over. Anyway, ROCK still doesn’t show up in the network folder of my window 10 PC. Makes updating my music a headache. Here’s my setup. Thanks.

Spectrum Arris TM1602 to
Sagemcom Fast 5260 to
Blue Jeans cat 6 to
ZyXEL GS-108B v2 gigabit switch to
BJ cat 6 to
ROCK installed on an 7i7 intell NUC to
BJ cat 6 to
TP-Link MC100CM to
Tripp Lite Duplex Multimode 62.5/125 fiber (SC/SC) to
TP-Link MC100CM to
BJ cat 6 to
Micro rendu to
AudioQuest Cinnamon USB cable to
Schiit Gungnir multibit dac.

Music is on a 8tb WD My Book external hard drive connected to ROCK via USB cable.

Hi @Peter_Zwiefelhofer ----- Thank you for the update, and no apologies necessary :wink:

Continuing forward, have you had a chance to confirm that there are no firewalls or antivirus applications potentially blocking the communication between the mentioned Win10 PC and ROCK? This is the first place I’d start.

Additionally, in my most humble opinion our next move here should be to try and shrink down your network configuration down to the bare minimum and see if the issue presents itself again. I find that when addressing a potential network issue the best course of action is to remove as much complexity as possible from the “chain of communication” and slowly add the links back in to verify where things fail, and where they succeed.

This is a process I have used myself whenever I am trying to diagnose a potential networking issue with my audio setup at home. My “base configuration” always looks the same:

  • I bring any additional networking hardware offline temporarily (APs, switches, etc).

  • I mount my core directly to my router.

  • I use a single remote OR endpoint (depending on the issue)

  • I then try to reproduce the behavior.

  • IF…

    • … It goes away, I begin to expand back out.
    • … It doesn’t go away I now know that the issue is occurring elsewhere.

With the above in mind I would like to have you please verify how your core machine and remote devices perform with a very basic network setup in place, using the example provided above.