PDF files not showing up in Roon

Two clarifications here guys:

First, this is not quite true. We also expect to look at folders that are next to your files called “art”, “artwork”, “scans”, or “extras”. Based on some other reports, I suspect there may be a bug here, but we are still investigating.

Second clarification: [quote=“WKW, post:19, topic:19735”]
The storage config
[/quote]

This is actually the real issue @WKW. We are not able to detect additional artwork or PDF files when you are using our deprecated iTunes functionality from Roon 1.2.

This is because our old iTunes functionality did not involve scanning folders (as would be required to import additional files next to your music files) – instead, we got a list of files from the iTunes XML and simply imported exactly that list of files. This means, there’s simply no way we can detect other files in the directory.

So this is not a bug, but a limitation, and is in fact exactly the kind of limitation that led us to retire our our old iTunes implementation. The next steps for you @WKW are to:

• Read about the changes to our iTunes implementation [here]
    (https://kb.roonlabs.com/iTunes#What_39_s_Changed_in_1_3)

• Let me know a little more about what you’re importing from iTunes, meaning:

• Are all the tracks in your iTunes library in a single folder? Or are they spread out?

• Are you importing playlists from iTunes?

• Are you actively making changes in iTunes that you need synced to Roon?

Let me know the answers to the above, and I can advise you on the best way forward. Thanks all!

1 Like