Placement of back button in ARC

Hi,

I am very pleased with ARC. I use it on a daily basis in my car when commuting to and from work.
I would like to comment on the GUI that annoy me. I am an Android user and therefore I can only speak for the Android version of ARC.

I miss a back button in the GUI. I know the downward arrow in the upper left corner will help, but that is not the same. Second, the location of that downward arrow (or a possible future back button) is in the wrong location. When my phone is in the carmount, the upper left corner is a really awkward location, I would very much prefer it in the lower part of the screen so I can reach it far better.
Lastly, I wish there was the option of disabling full screen mode. I’d like to have the option to have my android home buttons displayed. Now that is not the case.

Best regards,
Sebastiaan

Android has had a universal „back“ gesture for quite a while by swiping inward from the left or right screen edge. iOS too but only from the left (at least on my iPad which is the only one I can test with).
That should work regardless of obstruction by mounts as far as I can tell.

I don’t quite understand the „downward arrow in the upper left corner“. I only have an arrow pointing to the left, not downward, and it also seems to navigate back

I see, but that’s just on Now Playing and the point is to collapse that screen. Everywhere else during actual navigation there is a left arrow button that goes „back“

And on Now Playing it’s not necessary to tap that down arrow, one can swipe down anywhere on the screen. The universal „back“ swipe from the left or right screen edge works as well.

I wasn’t commenting, just showing the arrow :relieved:

Yeah and thanks, I meant the info more for @Ramplord to help with his obscured down arrow :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the repy, but the gesture control does not work on my Samsung S22 ultra. Maybe it is a setting I missed, I’ll go check.
But regardleas of gesture control, that is a workaround for two Roon GUI choices: forcing full screen, and the position of the arrow.

There is a different issue on the S22 that forces fullscreen and impacts navigation, and it’s specific to this device and not a general thing. Reported here and discussed in more detail in the thread linked from there. I think there is a workaround by first swiping up or something like that:

This needs fixing, but on devices that are not affected the navigation works fine and the swipe works

Thanks for the reply, but the gesture control does not work on my Samsung S22 ultra. I have searched the phones settings but cannot find or activate it.
But regardless of gesture control, that is a workaround for two Roon GUI choices: forcing full screen and the placement of the ‘back’ arrow.

Thanks, I did not know this is a known issue. As I am a newbie here I need to search the support forum better before posting. Thanks again.

No worries, it’s what I currently live for :rofl: I hope you can find something useful in the other thread and that Roon can fix it, but I might have read somewhere that it’s tricky because of some Samsung UI specialty or something. Not sure

Nope. Did not do anything for me, the other thread seems to be dead with no response from someone at Roon. Too bad. Upvote possible? Btw I run a custom launcher (Nova launcher) and that does not work as well.

That doesn’t help, from the thread linked from the thread that I linked above? To leave the fullscreen at least?

And there was a response from Roon at the end of this thread:

FWIW, I use the Nova launcher on a Fairphone and no issue

I see, you are right. The swipe up I found out quickly, but the issue remains. At least I saw Roon’s response. Too bad it seems not to be a priority…

Thanks again

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.