Playback glitches, went away with Core reboot

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Nucleus build 416

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Eero mesh, Core plugged into one node without switch, MicroRendu plugged into another Eero node without switch, internet plugged into another Eero node with a switch

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

1. Audeze LCD-4z / Benchmark HPA4 / Benchmark DAC3B /MicroRendu
  2. Hifiman Susvara / Chord Hugo TT2 / Chord M-Scaler / (USB) / Nucleus

Description Of Issue

Music would occasionally glitch, hiccup.
I though it was a network problem (WiFi!) so I went to the other room and listened through direct USB, no network, but the glitches remained (note completely different system).
I rebooted Nucleus (as usual, this is very difficult, using web interface it never comes back, I press the back button both quickly and long-press several times, and restarted the remote, and eventually got it back).
Initially, I thought the glitches went away, but I still get occasional glitches.

The music was three different albums, red book, all on an SSD inside the Nucleus.

EDIT I think I got only one glitch after the reboot, I was listening one the USB connected Chord stack, then moved to the network connected Benchmark and got no more glitches.

Hi @AndersVinberg,

Since the reboot have you continued to experience any of these issues?

Are the audio glitches always occurring at the same points or are they randomly occurring?

Do they still occur if you play to System Output of a remote?

As I said, after the reboot I didn’t get any glitches (maybe one…). I haven’t listened since then.

Random, I think, but I didn’t repeat the track systematically. I did repeat some and got the impression it was random.

Didn’t try system output. If the glitches come back I will.

3 posts were split to a new topic: Audio glitches with TIDAL content

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.