"Playback Issue on Beelink SER7 Server: 'Too Many Failures' Message" (ref#EE2067)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

I'm having trouble playing music

I am setting up a new server (Beelink SER7 - HS7840) and am getting "Too many failures. Stopping Playback" message. I went back to my old server (QNAP TS-253A) and everything works. Any suggestions on what I need to fix?

@Jiri_Nechleba, what is the specific configuration of the SER7 (CPU, RAM, etc.), what OS are you using, is your music library on the SER7 or does it remain on the 253A, and how is the SER7 connected to your network?

7840HS (8C/16T) 32GB RAM 1TB C drive (music library) and 2TB D both SSDs.
SER7 is connected by Gigabit Ethernet

I have had the Roon instance on the SER7 use both the library on the NAS and on the SER7 (they are identical) and neither works.

ADDED: WINDOWS

You didn’t mention the OS. Please be aware that ROCK is not officially supported for that computer. ROCK is only supported for the hardware listed in the ROCK FAQ.

1 Like

Well, turning off TailScale on the SER7 fixed the problem. I am able to stream and play to my DACs now. Now to figure out how to get it to work with TailScale on as that’s pretty important to my setup. (as a data point, both the QNAP and SER7 are on TailScale as exit points and also subnet routers. The QNAP has no problem with that but evidently the SER7 (WINDOWS) does.

Sorry - I just edited the post to add that I am running Roon in Windows (11). Also new post on it working once TailScale is turned off on the SER7.

1 Like

OK - on a lark, I turned TailScale back on and tried again. Now it worked. I tried some other endpoints and they worked as well. It seems that the TailScale setup prevented Roon from setting up connections but once they were set up, TS wasn’t then a problem.

1 Like

@Jiri_Nechleba, glad you are in a working order. Roon requires all devices to be on the same subnet, so while your QNAP may have worked, it may not be in a Roon-supported configuration if you have other subnets or subnet routing in your network.

I will mark this as solved, but you also may want to open a new thread under Tinkering where other users may have additional ideas.

Thanks. I will do that.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.