Playback was interrupted because a track failed to load. Too many failures. Stopping playback

Andrew, purveyor of SonicTransporter, finally got tired of my questions and spent a fair amount of time hopping around inside my computer fixing things. Everything seems to finally be working now.

Thanks for the update, @Bob_Isman, Iā€™m really happy to hear that Andrew was able to assist. I appreciate you reaching out to them.

Do you, by chance, know what the issue was or what Andrew changed within the computer to get it to work properly?

Not really. He was using Putty to make a lot of changes and I couldnā€™t keep up with it even if I understood it. Ended up with storage settings as sonictransport > / > storage > usbdrive > my_music. However those settings are now sporadically disappearing and reappearing, so looks like USB drive may be bad.

1 Like

Ahh, thanks for letting me know! Thatā€™s what I was hoping to determine, is if the actual drive itself was causing this issue.

It seemed to be either related to the Sonictransporter USB ports or the actual drive. It might be worth a shot to try a different drive with your setup to see if you experience the same errors.

After backing up that USB drive to another, good, drive, I then copied all the music from the good drive to another, smaller (2.7 TB) drive and hooked that one up to the sonictransporter, mounted the drive, rebooted sonictransporter and restarted Roon. That worked fine so I stopped playing anything. Later in the day, even though I hadnā€™t played anything for a few hours, the same thing happened to the new drive, i.e., it was no longer being recognized, even though the External Drive Mounter said it was mounted. So I hit Save Changes on the drive mounter anyway, and moments later the drive was recognized again. Any idea whatā€™s going on here?

Instead of using the name try mapping the path using the IP of the sonictransporter instead.

Sorry, I donā€™t know how to do that. Could you please explain in more detail. Thanks.

If you know how to open command prompt, if so do that and type

Ping sonictransport

If not Iā€™m guessing that the sonic disk mounter is finding the share and mounting it for you so it would be a mare trying to explain it.

Sure, I can ping it and it has stayed pretty reliably at that IP address for quite a while (months), but what does this have to do with your suggestion about mapping the path? Iā€™ve not had any problem finding sonictransport on the networkā€¦itā€™s just that the folder configuration under it reverts back to some prior configuration that no longer exists.

Hey @Bob_Isman, what device are you using as the ā€œExternal Drive Mounterā€? Are you using a docking station for the drive, that then connects to the Sonictransporter? Do you have another way to connect the USB drive to the Sonictransporter?

It might be helpful to explain exactly what the setup looks like when mounting the drive. For example:

Drive A (a bare HD) connected to a docking station, which is connected to the Sonictransporter via USB. 

Or 

Drive A connected directly to Sonictransporter via USB

The drive mounter is an app in Sonicorbiter that is used for drives connected to the sonictransporter. The USB drive with the music connects directly to the sonictransporter. FWIW, it has remained stable for a day.

Thanks for sharing that information, Iā€™m glad to hear that it has been stable for the past day; however, if the issue returns, I would recommend reaching back out to Sonictransport support and providing them with the following information - it might be related to the USB ports on the device:

Everything Iā€™ve sent you Iā€™ve also sent to Andrew. No response yet from him to this one.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.