Playlists not recognising content from new path

I’m using roon mostly as a flac player at this stage, with the core on an iMac.

I had my flac files on the iMac hard drive but as it was getting very full I copied them to a 1tb external hard drive.

I created a new path to the external drive and all my music seems to be present, but playlists I have created dont seem to play. There is an “unavailable” note above each track.

If I search the track, find it and play it, the playlist still wont recognise it from the new path. I manually added the tracks to a small playlist and removed the old tracks and that seemed to work, however some of my playlists are large.

Is there a way I can get the playlists to recognise the tracks using the new path to the external HDD?

@support

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Problems with Missing Music, Storage, and Importing in 1.3

I’m having the same problems. See the thread “Problems with Missing Music, Storage, and Importing in Roon 1.3.” Roon gave some advice but I’m waiting on a second response from Roon before proceeding.

Jon

Hi @Danny_Jorgensen

Here’s a link:

@alwayslearning, thank you for the link. It seems we are having a similar problem in the way that Roon playlists dont seem to be able to recognise the same track when its been copied an/or moved, even though the meta data should be the same on the same track.

Hopefully the smart guys here can work out whats going on

Yeah, I’m waiting for @Mike, one of the smart guys, to reply to my last attempt, which has proven to be a complete failure.

I’m guessing even guys as smart as ‘Team Roon’ become pretty busy just after a major release - with most of them trying to iron out any glitches as well as help support around the community. Fingers crossed it gets fixed soon for you.