Please let me double-click on a song instead of having to click on the song and click on PLAY

*Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

I’M EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED WITH THE WAY YOU SET UP YOUR SOFTWARE TO RUN!!! This is my first time using Roon (the FIRST song I’ve ever played, EVER) and I’m absolutely amazed that in order to play a song from a list of songs in an album you make me click on the song and then move the mouse to click on PLAY. Has it never occurred to any of you that it would be MUCH EASIER if I could simply DOUBLE-CLICK on the song to play it? Furthermore, do you think it might be a good idea to have as the default option to play the NEXT SONG in the album? I haven’t set any options, but the next song that came up was from a COMPLETELY DIFFERNT ALBUM!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!! And I haven’t gotten beyond playing my first song, but I sincerely hope that there’s a way that I can bring up a list of the folders that I VERY CAREFULLY set up on my computer in the simplest format possible – each folder is for an artist, and within the folder for each artist I, quite naturally, put all the ALBUMS I ripped to my computer. I’ve been using Foobar2000, and it does everything I need it to do, and, from what I’ve seen so far, it does it BETTER than your software, because, from what I’ve seen so far, it seems that I’m going to have to scroll through many, many pages to see the albums I’ve got on my computer because you show only a handful of artists at a time. When I play music on Foobar2000, I scroll VERY QUICKLY through a list of artists to see who I’m in the mood to listen to. Though I haven’t yet explored the possibility of it being there, I hope you have such a feature in your software. If these suggestions don’t merit a free lifetime subscription to your software, NOTHING DOES. VERY DISAPPOINTED. STEVE CUSKLEY. PLEASE REPLY TO ME AT [Personal information removed by Support]

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

TEXT GOES HERE

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

TEXT GOES HERE

Description Of Issue

TEXT GOES HERE

Hi @Stephen_Cuskley,

At this time there is not an option for Double Click to start playback. Since this is "working as designed" I would recommend also posting your suggestion in the 'feature request" section of the site.

Our product team and developers keep a close eye on that category, so that’s definitely the best place to propose a change like this and get feedback from the Community.

Can you confirm where you started playback here? If you start playback of an album, the album should play to completion since the entire album is added to the queue. With that in mind, starting playback of a track in different ways can result in different behavior for how the queue is generated.

For example, if you only added one track to the queue, it is possible that Roon Radio started, which is why a track from a different album played next.

Knowing exactly how you started playback here will help us get things on the right track.

This has been discussed in the past, I definitely recommend checking out previous discussions where Danny our COO has mentioned this:

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/folder-file-display-of-music-content-not-on-the-roadmap/5748/40

While browsing your folder structure isn’t possible in Roon, there are many other ways to sort, filter, and organize your music library:

We appreciate your feedback here, Steve. If you have any other questions about using Roon please let us know!

I’M EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED WITH THE WAY YOU SET UP YOUR SOFTWARE!!! This is my first time using Roon (I just played the FIRST song I’ve ever played, EVER) and I’m absolutely amazed that in order to play a song from a list of songs in an album you make me click on the song and then move the mouse to click on PLAY. Has it never occurred to any of you that it would be MUCH EASIER if I could simply DOUBLE-CLICK on the song to play it? Furthermore, do you think it might be a good idea to have as the default option to play the NEXT SONG in the album? I haven’t set any options, but the next song that came up was from a COMPLETELY DIFFERNT ALBUM!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!! And I haven’t gotten beyond playing my first song, but I sincerely hope that there’s a way that I can bring up a list of the folders that I VERY CAREFULLY set up on my computer in the simplest format possible – each folder is for an artist, and within the folder for each artist I, quite naturally, put all the ALBUMS I ripped to my computer. I’ve been using Foobar2000, and it does everything I need it to do, and, from what I’ve seen so far, it does it BETTER than your software, because, from what I’ve seen so far, it seems that I’m going to have to scroll through many, many pages to see the artists I’ve got on my computer because you show only a handful of artists at a time. When I play music on Foobar2000, I scroll VERY QUICKLY through a list of artists to see who I’m in the mood to listen to. Though I haven’t yet explored the possibility of it being there, I hope you have such a feature in your software. If these suggestions don’t merit a free lifetime subscription to your software, NOTHING DOES. VERY DISAPPOINTED. STEVE CUSKLEY. PLEASE REPLY TO ME AT [Personal information removed by Support ’

SECOND SUGGESTION: As I’ve only been using your software for less than an HOUR, maybe I haven’t found it, but I went to use your equalizer, I found the parametric eq, but WHERE’S THE GRAPHIC EQ? If there isn’t a graphic equalizer, there should be. I’m getting very, very impatient with your software, and I’m trying my best to refrain from using vulgar language, but you guys are REALLY AGGRAVATING ME. Foobar2000 has a TERRIFIC graphic equalizer. Has NOBODY at your organization ever thought of providing one? A graphic eq is SO MUCH EASIER TO USE THAN A PARAMETRIC EQ – ESPECIALLY WHEN YOUR PATHETIC EQ HAS ONLY 5 BANDS!!! And what are all those spurious lines on the graph that seem to have nothing to do with the graph I set? I eq EVERYTHING – WITH DIFFERENT SETTINGS FROM ALBUM TO ALBUM, AND I LIKE THE ABILITY TO SAVE EQs for each album. Again, here’s my personal information, which I’m sure you’ll block from the community, but I’m perfectly willing to have anyone from the community contact me, so, as far as I’m concerned, you can keep it in my post. PLEASE REPLY TO THIS POST!!!

https://kb.roonlabs.com/

Hello Stephen. Welcome to the Roon forum. I posted the knowledge base link above to help you learn to navigate / operate Roon Labs software. It is a relatively intuitive software program and I’m sure if you spend some time with it, you’ll have no problem operating it. There is a lot to learn, with multiple feature sets at your disposal. Again, welcome.

@Stephen_Cuskley

You really need to calm down and stop using all caps which is the Internet equivalent of yelling at people. If you really think Foobar2000 is so great and is better than Roon, please go back to it.

Now, if you want to learn how to use Roon and discover its wonderful way of accessing music, stop complaining and start using the software. It is different than Foobar2000 but you need to give that difference a chance. If Roon was just like Foobar2000, why would you want to change? Anyway, spend some time with Roon…give it a chance…and then see what you think after using it for a while.

As to your first issue, there is a little triangle on the left next to the track name. If you single click on that, by default, it will start playing from that track and queue up the tracks following it to play one after the other. That behavior can be configured.

Roon does not offer a graphic equalizer nor do they save equalizer settings on a per album or per track basis. If both of those features are a critical need, well, you might as well give up now.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.