Please remove the requirement for an active Wi-Fi connection from Android app

Recently I posted a question here about using Roon with VPN. It was moved to #tinkering where I found more information about the topic. However, one issue in my post was overlooked. The Android Roon app requires an active Wi-Fi connection. It just won’t load without it. I can’t even start tinkering. At least one other user in the #tinkering forum reported the same issue: https://community.roonlabs.com/t/vpn-step-by-step/49564/16

I wanted to try using Roon via VPN on a cell network without Wi-Fi. It seems most users discuss iPhones where this issue does not seem to exist.

@support, would you please remove the requirement for an active Wi-Fi connection from the Andorid app?

1 Like

Hi @G_P,

Thanks for the report here, I have inquired with the technical team to see what’s possible.

1 Like

Hi @G_P,

I have discussed this issue with out technical team and they have noted that this is expected behavior, when there is no active WiFi connection, an error message should be presented.

Since this appears to be “working as designed” I have moved this topic to the 'feature request" section of the site.

This section is the best place to propose a change like this and get feedback from the Community.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.