Please report station errors here

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to provide an update on the location restriction issue — Our team is actively investigating this and we hope to have this resolved in the near future. For now, if you manually add the unavailable stream to My Live Radio you’ll be able to play these stations.

You have our apologies for the inconvenience.

Update 11/25/2020 — This issue has been resolved.

Hello @Riviera_Bluesman, Roon believes they have fixed the bug. Can you help confirm by telling us if you can see Strictly Blues now?

1 Like

Hi Brian: Yes! It is working as normal on my end. Again, I truly appreciate you following up on this. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving! Al

1 Like

Hello @Ian_Gilham, I’ve added the UK restriction back on Scala Radio as Roon have now fixed the bug. Can you confirm that you can still receive the station OK?

I cannot connect to any BBC streams, nor LBC London at the moment. Tried a core retstart but not getting anywhere.

Tried stations like RP and a couple of random others and they are playing OK.

I’m UK based.

All ok here @anon55914447. Did you try the mp3 stream?

Hi Brian

I tried the mp3 streams for 6 Music and Radio 3. These both worked.

Couple of questions therefore:

• Is there any special reason the AAC streams are kaput?
  • Can we get alternatives for 5Live, 5LiveSportsExtra and LBC because they’re only listed in AAC format.

Only if you have a Qnap. I was just trying to narrow things down.

5live and LBC done. 5 live sports extra proving awkward. Let me work on it.

Can you try radio 5 live sport extra please? I’ve added an mp3 stream, and I know it works, but Roon insists on playing the aac streams for me.

Cheers Brian. Just had to go out so will try it later. Sports Extra not a priority.

Checking, it looks like you do run a Qnap. In which case your .aac codecs are disabled. See this thread, @crieke has kindly offered to help

1 Like

Is there a documented codec install I can use to get AAC working on my QNAP? I swear I never used to have a problem with AAC radio streams.have we changed the back end?

Posts crossed! Yes, QNAP update, not Roon, upset things.

3 posts were split to a new topic: RTE Radio streams cutting out

Aha, thanks. I’ll read up later.

Brian: Sadly, we seemed to have lost KWPQ 103.3 Blues & Jazz. The link no longer seems to work. Thanks!!

Changed the stream. Try now.

1 Like

Yes! Thanks so much!!

@support

I cannot play any BBC stations now, in any format. Other stations I tried work well.

Qnap TVS 471 BT router, all hard wired cat 5e Meridian 210 and iPad.
Via Bluesound all is ok (BluOS app)

Ok, a reboot and further fiddling makes me think the AAC bug is back. I tried to play local and streamed AAC and failed.
The multimedia Consol app in QNAP recently updated…
I have managed to play MP3 BBC streams

Hmm. Probably the cause, pinging @crieke.

3 Likes