Pops during playback, like a vinyl!

Hi, I have been experiencing pops during playback–but mainly pops like a pops you would get from vinyl.
This is my system:
Nas Synology
LAN cable
Nuc Intel i5 Ubuntu Server with Roon Server 1.3
LAN cable
Modem Asus dsl N55U
LAN cable Cat7
Sotm sms-200
USB
DAC Aqua La Scala Optologic

Can you help me?

Tnks

Hi @Lorenzo_Manini ---- Thank you for the report and my apologies for the troubles here. In order for me to help you accurately troubleshoot this issue, I am going to need some more information in regard to these pops you are experiencing during playback. With this in mind, may I kindly ask you to please provide the following information for me:

1. Do you notice this behavior with all of the content in your library or do you find that it is related to a specific codec or bit/sample rate?

2. Do other application cause the same popping or are you only noticing this behavior while using Roon?

3. Are you noticing the same when working with TIDAL content?

-Eric

I’ll venture a guess it happens with any bitrate, perhaps more often when playing higher res content, it’s random and doesn’t happen using other software for playback.

Hi, tnks for your support

1. It happens with any bitrate, perhaps more often when playing higher res content, it’s random (tnks evand :slight_smile:)

2. I have tried MPD and no pops during playback. With LMS and aqueezelite sometimes yes!

3. With Tidal too

Hi @Lorenzo_Manini ----- Thank you for touching base and taking the time to answer my questions. Apologies for the slow response here.

You mentioned that you noticed the same behavior with TIDAL content. Is this the same when using the TIDAL the application and when using Roon + TIDAL?

-Eric

Hi eric, no pops with Tidal app desktopo

Hi @Lorenzo_Manini ----- Thank you for the follow up and my apologies for the slow response here.

In your troubleshooting of this issue, at any point did you try mounting the DAC directly to your NUC via USB? Was the experience the same?

-Eric

5 posts were split to a new topic: NAS no recognizing new content