Post Some Interesting Cover Versions

Unfortunately not on Tidal. Not sure where I first heard this, but I tracked it down to Dermot O’Leary’s Saturday Sessions 2010 compilation CD. It’s stunning, in my humble opinion…!

On a whole album of covers, this has to be my favourite and a superb rendition of a classic:

4 Likes

Nice one, this is mine:

4 Likes

@oneofmany @Dick_Vliek

Placebo Covers is a great album, but your artwork is from Sleeping With Ghosts. Correct artwork should look like this…

1 Like

Yes, it always showed up as the Sleeping With Ghosts album cover in my iTunes library. My covers CD came in a two disc set with Sleeping With Ghosts, I guess that’s why it has that cover.

In fact, in my Roon library the Covers CD is Disc 2 under the Sleeping With Ghosts album. I can’t remember but I may have merged the two.

1 Like

A Disturbing cover of the Sounds of Silence (Simon & Garfunkle)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9Dg-g7t2l4

1 Like

Heard this is a restaurant in Freiburg and now playing chez Sloop now that I’m home. Nuanced cover, very enjoyable.

.sjb

Very nice cover. Don”t Swallow the Cap (the National) by Slow Skies.

3 Likes

Covers was a bonus disk with some European releases of Sleeping With Ghosts. I picked up a copy when on holiday in France (with Copy Protection.) So, this is the correct cover in some instances.

1 Like

Both available on TIDAL …

RoonShareImage-636780829333365590

RoonShareImage-636780831056239050

Prince singing Joni:

Wouldn’t it be great if a ‘great cover suggestion’ was a feature in ROON ???
ROON could suggest ‘hey you like this song, but have you heard this great cover by …’ and thus it would also be possible to make some more ‘music history’ visible in ROON: ‘this song was originally recorded by’ …
I think I start a feature request for this.

2 Likes

Interesting might be the wrong word but this had to happen sooner or later :wink:

TBF for an album of covers this sounds pretty consistent, though not the easiest to get a copy of. Here’s a taster:

Although not a recommendation for a great cover, Roon does provide a link to all known performance by different artists …

Eighteen hours of Yesterday

True, but although this has a purpose of its own, it’s not what I’m looking for. I would like another layer of information, one that recommends by quality, not by quantity.

How would that be achieved without human curation?

Maybe the Vālence technology could be used for this purpose in the future as well? Use the wisdom of the crowd.

Adele - love song cure cover
Devo - satisfaction Rolling Stones cover
Rag n bone man - in my time of dying Led Zeppelin cover

1 Like