Post Some Interesting Cover Versions

This is a beautiful version, slower and full of pathos.

.sjb

I like quiet covers of metal

1 Like

Thats a nice cover Ged, but i really liked the one from Miley Cyrus, Elton John and Yo-Yo Ma!

3 Likes

Try this one out: “Heart Attack and Vine” (Tom Waits) done by Screaming Jay Hawkins on his album Black Music for White People.

2 Likes

There are many versions also in other genres, small selection here

2 Likes

Thank you Woodford, this is a wonderful addition and initiative.

The first time I saw your face is very old song from 1957.

Ewan McColl wrote it for his partner Peggy Seeger. Seeger sang the song when the duo performed in folk clubs all over the UK. In 1972, Roberta Flack had international success with this song, and that’s how I happened to come across Littlemen’s rendition. There are so many great cover versions and each one should be noticed.

Simon Allen, Nick Allen, Charlie Jones, Phil Andrews, Andrew Murphy, Rob Brian and James Newton-Brady, like so many artists, don’t get much attention for this, especially because you present your style of music passionately and not fashionably in particularly hip genres.

In the meantime you can also stream it and I recommend to start with this album so that your heart will be inflamed for this music as well.

2 Likes

That’s wonderful; thank you for posting.

A pretty interesting covers album. I had no idea Sorrow was a cover version until really recently.

1 Like

This is a great album for discovering Bowie’s covers.

.sjb

1 Like

Not on qobuz uk. :frowning:

Yep, sorry, it’s rare to find ACE albums on streaming platforms but the “heard them here first” sets are well worth buying, the Fall one is particularly good.

.sjb

This is a cracker!

2 Likes

I literally saw the title of this thread and thought of this. Checked through to see if anyone else had already posted it!

This was impressive! The video is a bit odd, but you can’t fault their dedication!

That is fantastic!! Such a cool take on the song!

1 Like

One of my favorites and standard recommendation for an “all covers” album. Do not miss it if you like reggae.
Fantastic!

1 Like

Meg Baird ( ex Vespers.) ‘Beatles and the Stones’. Cover of the ‘House of Love’ song. I actually prefer this version, even though I like the original.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnFH413cWF8

1 Like
1 Like

Love the original. Love this cover.

1 Like