Prefer Qobuz over Tidal (or local, or vice-versa) as Preference [implemented in build 987]

@Geoff_Coupe

This is a bit of a corner case I know. But.

I subscribe to both Tidal and Qobuz and am not ready to give up on one of them yet.

My request is to be able to sleet WHICH service has priority (preferably by a switch in settings). My preference is to take a Qobuz option if it is available, but Roon often (but not always) seems to default to Tidal.

I haven’t been able to detect a pattern to this behavior or to constrain it in any way.

Am I missing something?

Cheers

10 Likes

I don’t know if there is a setting to select one streaming service over another or not, but this is something I would like to see as well. Good suggestion.

1 Like

I’d like to have this option too.

1 Like

I’d appreciate this feature too.

1 Like

I want this feature too, very much !!

1 Like

Would also like to see this feature implemented. Thanks in advance folks !

1 Like

I use both Qobuz and TIDAL (started with TIDAL and since have added Qobuz but mostly because I reached my “limit” with TIDAL). I would like an option to prioritize Qobuz over TIDAL on all searches and selections. Right now, TIDAL is prioritized so I have to go to “versions” and then drill down to select the Qobuz version to add to My Library.

13 Likes

I have the same request. I’d like Roon Radio to prioritize Qobuz over Tidal if the same track is available on both.

I started with Tidal and added Qobuz once their library filled out enough that most of the music I like was available. But now I have a bunch of playlists that reference the Tidal version of the songs. It would also be great if there was a feature to prioritize Qobuz in this situation as well.

An alternative would be to use my library version of songs instead of what was originally selected for the playlist. This might be preferable since if the user purchased a download, it would automatically select the local copy (assuming that was their library copy).

5 Likes

Many users requesting the same. What’s the status on this @support ?

8 Likes

+1 here too - for some reason Roon often priorities Tidal over Qobuz in my system and it’s annoying. I am constantly adding Qobuz albums to my library and never add Tidal albums and yet it just doesn’t learn.

Really need this, is an imperative.
Is a productivity feature, please @Roondev get this
sorted for us.

1 Like

This is a Basic Filter Setting that should be there in Settings menu

1 Like

Performed a search query on this but didn’t find this topic elsewhere. I apologise in case I missed it, and a redirection would be appreciated.

What’s the ‘problem’? Well, I subscribe to both Tidal and Qobuz and I have both of them integrated in Roon. But when I look at the Recommended Albums section on an Artist Page, Roon only shows me the Tidal badge (1) even when there is also a Qobuz version, except when there is no Tidal version of a certain album. In that case Roon shows me the Qobuz version (2)

When I select Dicography, Roon does show me both the Tidal and the Qobuz badge (3)

but when I select one of these albums, Roon automatically shows me the Tidal version, and I have to click on Versions to find the Qobuz version.

You may have guessed by now that I prefer Qobuz (fot better sound quality) and I would like to see Qobuz recommendations instead of Tidal recommendations in the Overview section on the Artist page, and I would like the album thumbnails in the Discography view to automatically link to the Qobuz version (when available).

Is there a way to change the order in which Tidal and Qobuz recommendations are shown? It would be nice if I could set my preference for that.

If this is not possible at the moment, I would be more than happy to move this to the Feature Request section.

1 Like

In reply to my own question I now have to add that I just found a band where it is exactly the other way around. Only Qobuz albums are displayed in Overview, and clicking on them in the Discography view links directly to the Qobuz version, and I need to click Versions to see the Tidal version.

To me, this unpredictable behaviour is probably even more unsettling. So I stand by my request for a configurable setting :wink:

3 Likes

YES! Delete your Tidal subscription!

[Moderated]

2 Likes

Thanks, but that is not an option. Online strreaming is my main source to find new music and some albums are not available in Qobuz.

And besides that I need to have Tidal working for the album links I include in my music reviews - for my readers who are still happy to use Tidal, no matter the ‘MQA-situation’ :wink:

[Moderator edit: reply to a now moderated post removed. It is better to flag it rather than directly comment.]

I have often wondered the same thing Max. I generally prefer Qobuz but, despite the duplications, I enjoy having access to both services. One service will often fill in the gaps of the other. I am not bothered by MQA and in fact find many of the MQA selections to sound quite good. In general though I agree with you Max, I would like to make Qobuz the default recommendation.

1 Like

It’s similar to the days when record stores reigned. Even when I had a favorite store, they all had albums no one else had. So I usually had 3-4 favorites I regularly visited.

2 Likes

I was just about to open a thread with this very topic when I read this.

It would be very desirable if you could set this prioritization

2 Likes