Primare status?

Iain is correct, and we had thought to have had the cast update out by now, but a niggling glitch with the Android app has stalled the process a bit. That done, and 1.52 out, we will be able to submit what we hope will be the final firmware to Roon for swift certification. That said, I can’t predict when that will take place, as we use to refer to the pandemic surprise setbacks as the four horsed of the apocalypse, but are now up to about fourteen horses. Wish us luck!

It’s important for manufacturers to ‘get this right’.

I would not have bought two NP5’s unless they were certified/Roon-Ready.

Being Roon-Ready is an important function, and selling point. Couple that with (I’m pretty sure?) the vast majority of Roon users spending more on hardware than other listeners, and you have a recipe for success for hardware manufacturers.

I just wish manufacturers would invest the proper time, energy and resources into getting this done properly. It’s just frankly embarrassing for a manufacturer to promise certification to customers, and then not deliver.

2 Likes

E-Mail from Primare:

June Updates

14 June 2022

Throughout this week we will be releasing both firmware and Prisma application updates, detailed below, noting that with these updates the foundation is in place to add gapless Tidal Master file and full resolution Qobuz 24/192 kHz playback, along with Roon Ready certification for all Primare models throughout the summer in order to have full Prisma network playback by this autumn.

Prisma Radio
The key feature of the new Prisma application update is the addition of embedded internet radio. We have added this internet radio feature to make listening to old and finding new favourite stations easy and intuitive from the thousands available worldwide.

Bandwidth
Prisma radio selects the highest resolution available for every station played

Navigation by

• Genre
  • Language
  • Popularity
  • Search
  • Favourites

Station listings

• Recently listened stations
  • Local stations – stations near the user’s location
  • Trending – stations that are gaining momentum
  • Recommendations - based on frequently used stations

Metadata

• Station logo
  • City of origin
  • Language
  • Sample frequency, bit depth and rate

The future
Further enhanced features and stations will be added to Prisma Radio as they become available.

Prisma Application Update Release Notes

Common to both Android and iOS/iPadOS operating systems:

• Added Radio feature
  • General Bug Fixes

iOS/iPadOS specific:

• Solved a bug with ‘Queue - Play Now’ option
  • Solved a bug where AAC files show “Not available”

Android specific:

• Auto-scrolling long file name is now added for USB source
  • Removed the blocking of some playback controls while Casting
  • Solved a problem with rearranging songs in QUEUE

Prisma Firmware OTA Update Release notes

STREAMING changes in version 152xx

• Added Radio feature
  • General bug fixes

MCU changes:
Common changes for all models:

• Added Radio feature
  • Changed time format for streaming sources (70:15 → 1:10:15)

Specific changes per model:

CD15 Prisma

• Solved a bug where muting while Casting causes mute function continued to toggle on and off.
  • Improved UI when performing a “System reboot” from OLED display menu.
  • Pausing Cast playback when press STOP/EJECT button on front panel.
  • Changed time format for elapsed and remaining time (70:15 → 1:10:15) for CD playback.
  • Added ”Auto-play” option in “Playback settings”. If enabled, CD will start playing automatically when inserted and turned on. Default setting is OFF.

CD35 Prisma

• Solved a bug where muting while Casting causes mute function continued to toggle on and off.
  • Improved UI when performing a “System reboot” from OLED display menu.
  • Pausing Cast playback when press STOP/EJECT button on front panel.
  • Changed time format for elapsed and remaining time (70:15 → 1:10:15) for CD playback.
  • Remove “System reboot” option from OLED display menu if SM35 board is not installed

I15 Prisma & I15 Prisma MK2

• Solved an issue where I15 Prisma goes into auto standby when Casting from Mixcloud app.
  • Solved an issue where the OLED display was missing one figure in duration time.

I25 Prisma

• Remove “System reboot” option from OLED display menu if SM35 board is not installed.

I35 Prisma

• Remove “System reboot” option from OLED display menu if SM35 board is not installed.
  • Solved an issue where OLED display show strange numbers when passing 1 hour duration time.

PRE35 Prisma

• Remove “System reboot” option from OLED display menu if SM35 board is not installed
  • Added option to adjust speaker balance and input gain for WiSA speakers.

SC15 Prisma

• Added option to adjust speaker balance and input gain for WiSA speakers.

Please contact us should you have any questions. Tack! Team Primare

Any news regarding this?

1 Like

No! Everyone has fallen asleep!
My understanding is that one should select Chromecast as the Roon endpoint. This is said to be virtually indistinguishable from Roon Ready playback. The only limitation will be 24/96 kHz maximum resolution. If and when Roon Ready is released this will get bumped up to 24/192 kHz.

1 Like

„Primare is pleased to announce that I15 Prisma (both original and MK2 versions), I25 Prisma, and I35 Prisma integrated amplifiers have received Roon Ready certification from Roon Labs, with an automatic update being launched throughout the day today, Monday, 23 January.“

1 Like

Can I hope that P35 will follow hot on the heels?

@GARETH_CRANSTON
It looks like it because on January 23rd, 2023 Primare wrote:

„Next in line for Roon Ready certification are the SC15 Prisma and PRE35 Prisma models“
Hi @Terry_Medalen , I am still waiting. When will this happen?

Roon Ready certification for the PRE35 Prisma is about to be released according to Stereophile.

“At the time of testing, Roon relied on AirPlay or Chromecast to connect to the PRE35, limiting resolution to 16/44.1 (AirPlay) or 24/96 (Chromecast). But a firmware update scheduled for March—around the time you’re reading this—will implement RaaT, Roon’s industrial-strength streaming protocol, which aims to support “all relevant audio formats, now and in the future,” both wired and wirelessly. At that point, the PRE35 will be certified "Roon Read””

Don’t trust such sources.
No news from primare itself and no firmware update for the PRE35 Prisma yet.
Perhaps on monday they’ll offer us some news.

Best source of Roon Ready devices is Roon’s online store.

Whilst those generally outside the US can’t purchase from them directly, it’ll list all Roon Ready equipment.

https://store.roonlabs.com/

@Terry_Medalen will you?

He hasn’t posted for a good while.

Yes, but he should

Do you own a PRE35? if so, is it faulty?

After Easter….

Which year?

Last week at High End Munich, Primare launched the SPA25 Prisma home cinema integrated amplifier and a new DM36 DAC board for modular models (I25, I35, and PRE35).
Terry Medalen announced that in June, Primare will update there app to support Tidal Connect and the PRE 35 will finally get Roon.
It’s at the end of the video High End Munich 2023 - Primare - YouTube
Maybe……

I hope that doesn’t mean we have to buy the new DAC board to get the long promised Roon readiness?