Primare status?

You will not need a new board for Roon Ready, it’s a firmware update… but if you wish for full MQA processing the you will need the new DM36 DAC board.

I am hoping that Primare will have a introductory trade in price for owners that wish to upgrade there DM35.

That’s great. No interest in MQA. Thanks for the update on the update.

Aha, again shifted the updates (PRE35, SC15,…) to the end of august, because they’ve to test them :hot_face:
I can only say: Don’t buy any hardware from Primare, which needs a custom firmware…

And again: Earliest firmware update for Roon ready next month…

Finally Primare has updated the their firmware and so the PRE35 and SC15 are finally Roon Ready!

Roon is now experiencing a serious certification backlog…

Unfortunately we could be waiting months for Roon to bring it online :slight_smile:
The saga never ends :cry:

My pre went offline yesterday noting a firmware update while I was using it. Couldn’t understand why there didn’t seem to be a difference after? Hadn’t realised there was a follow on action from Roon now.

At least we’re a step forward. For a long time I thought Primare might renege on their promise. I didn’t see this as willful deception but I think it’s clear they didn’t understand fully the standards Roon would demand. Glad that’s not the case and can have confidence the rest will follow.

@danny „waiting months for roon“? Realy?

It was only the update for the new DAC.

They’ve changed again their timeline for becoming Roon ready to “until to the end of this year”.

Yeah, I’ve bought my PRE35 Prisma now 5 years ago with the option “Roon ready comes soon”…

@Terry_Medalen @danny
This thread startet in Dezember 2021!!!
Now it is Dezember 2023!
And the question is still not answered: when will pre35 prisma and sc15 prisma be ROONREADY.
Do you want to wait until it is called SAMSUNGREADY?

Now my PRE35 Prisma (for my SC15 I can check tomorrow) gots the update and is Roon ready.
But: No DSD settings in Roon. On the other side, DSD will played with resampling to DSD64.
The problem is here, that sound is disorted and very low volumed.
In PCM (actually the only way you can enjoy the music) in Roon the limit is 192 kHz.
Perhaps the newer DM36 models haven’t this problems, but for me this Roon ready certification is a deaster after waiting 5 years…

News from Primare:

December Updates Update

15 December 2023

Just a quick note to provide an update on the December updates we have begun to release this week.

The Prisma update, embedding Tidal and Qobuz, has yet to go out.

Before we can release that update, we need to be sure that all Prisma models have received the OTA update, which is going out more slowly than anticipated.

We expect the OTA launch for all Prisma models to be completed by Monday, allowing for the Prisma app to be launched sometime Tuesday.

Note, you will need to update the Prisma app in your mobile device when the update becomes available, as well as to log-in to the TIDAL and Qobuz to access either service.

For new Roon Ready units, you may need to do one or more steps listed below for Roon to recognise the new Roon Ready device:

• reboot your Roon core
  • unplug and plug back in your ethernet cable connecting to your Prisma unit if using LAN or wired connection
  • do a factory reset and reconnect your Prisma model to your network if using WLAN or WiFi

If there are any questions or issues, please submit a help request at this link https://helpdesk.primare.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

With our apologies for the delay, but we want to be sure that all units are successfully updated!

P R I M A R E
Limstensgatan 7 216 16 Limhamn Sweden

Bit of a faff getting update enabled but that is proabably more to do with my IT skills as ever. Delighted to finally see ‘Roon Ready’ on the front of my Pre35! All good things…

Now for some listening time to see what this eagerly anticipated step actually means in terms of sonic upgrades.

Can’t help wondering how much of this delay has been to do with MQA integration? While I have never had any intersest in that, must be galling for the developement team to get it over the line a few months after the whole caboodle seems to have collapsed in on itself.

I am interested in your impressions. Are there any „Sonic Upgrades“ ?

1 Like

Yes. I would be interested as well. I seem to remember Buchardt Audio saying that there were SQ improvements on the analogue inputs compared with the Platin Hub. But they didn’t mention the digital inputs.

After connecting the primare support:
The old DM35 V1 DAC board can’t handle DSD with Roon in a correct way!
But there exists a DM35 V2 board, which should resolve this problem and primare will send it to you without costs.
Also the new DM36 shouldn’t have this problem and I decided to update to it.

1 Like

So, there where some misunderstandings between the support and me.
Not the DAC, but the Prisma modules are the problem.
So, if you’ve hiss while playing DSD through Roon, then the old Prisma module has to be substituted with a newer one.
With RAAT you can use with the PRE35 sampling rates only until PCM 192 and DSD64.
So I’ll prefer my other Roon endpoints and sometimes the PRE35 as DAC ( have connected a SOtM Neo on USB), where you can play DSD256 and PCM 768.

Last thing: At the moment I’m testing the new DAC module DM36 and I don’t know, if it’s really better than the DM35 (which is sold out).

I had the same issue with DSD and the prisma module in my i35. Primare sent a replacement to me at no cost as well. It was a pretty painless process and appreciate that they took care of it.

Thanks for the feedback on the DM36. I was curious about it as well, but also questioned whether or not i would even be able to recognize a difference. I’m already completely satisfied with the i35, room correction via Roon DSP