Problem getting Roon to read M3U playlist created in JRiver

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Roon optimized Core Kit v1.7

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Asustor NAS

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Trinnov Altitude 32

Description Of Issue
I have my music stored on a NAS drive (z:) and Roon reads it fine. I have created a folder called Test Tracks in the same drive z: where I have placed about 160 tracks that I use to test the system. I have included this folder under storage and Roon scans it. I have tried to create a playlist called Test Tracks to show only these tracks but cannot get the files to show and the playlist is empty. I then used JRiver to create a playlist (m3u and m3u8) which is in this folder called Test Tracks (all the files are also stored in this folder) but when I call up playlists in Roon it does not show. The option to show Shared playlists is on.

The format of the m3u file is:
#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:295,Césaria Évora - Besame Mucho
Z:\Test Tracks\01 Besame Mucho.flac
#EXTINF:363,Pepe Romero/Academy of St Martin in the Fields/Sir Neville Marriner - Concierto De Aranjuez: 1. Allegro Con Spirito
Z:\Test Tracks\01 Concierto De Aranjuez_ 1. Allegro.flac
#EXTINF:314,Steve Newman and Tony Cox - Dave and Julie
Z:\Test Tracks\01 Dave and Julie.flac
#EXTINF:481,Jacqueline Du Pre / Barbirolli / London Symphony - Elgar Cello Concerto in E minor, Op.85, I. Adagio - Moderato
Z:\Test Tracks\01 Elgar Cello Concerto in E minor,.flac

Please advise as to how I can resolve this. I want to avoid having to recreate this playlist in Roon…
BTW I have rebooted the ROCK a few times etc

thanks

Read also the thread “M3U not being detected” and from there:

Hi @Jose_Ramos,

You should be using the path to the NAS itself, it looks like you might have the NAS mounted as a virtual drive on a PC. I would try using the full path (\IP_ADDRESS_OF_NAS\Folder\File) or try setting this up as a Roon playlist as @BlackJack noted.

Thanks for the suggestion. The folder is seen in Roon but the m3u files does not seem to be read. It is not feasible to edit the m3u file to add the IP address to each track so I have slowly started to add the files I want into a new Roon playlist - tedious…
regards
Jose

1 Like

Hi @Jose_Ramos,

If you want to create the playlist in Roon, that would work. Or you could perform a “find and replace” and replace the virtual drive location with the actual path to the file on the NAS using a text editor.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.