Windowa 10 PC

Networking Gear & Setup Details

ASUS AX 5400 RT-AX82U

Connected Audio Devices

Pro-Ject Streamer Box Ultra

Library Size

Description of Issue

Hello

I just upgraded my system with a Pro-Ject Streamer Box Ultra.

Chose it because it was ROON ready.

Has started a trial subscription to ROON. I then thought to pay per year.

Now to my problem.

My new Streamer works perfectly and sounds magically good when I play via the Pro-Ject app

(connected to my DAC Primare NP30 via USB)

Have a powerful PC with ROON Core installed. Also it seems to work. I have scanned my music library about 70.000 songs. ROON shows and sorts EVERYTHING.

What a wonderful interface!

If I just make it work, I will never leave ROON.

From the ROON app, I see everything perfectly, even my Tidal playlists.

But I do not get any sound from the streamer via ROON.

Everything plays without problems via the ProJect app.

What did I miss?

Sees the Streamer (with IP 192.168.1.83) as an option when I click on the connection icon in ROON, but no sound from the streamer. When I switch to the ProJect app, everything works.

Is there any setting in ROON I missed?

Would be very happy if you can help me. Have searched online but not found any instructions on what to set on ROON

It would be extremely sad if I can not make this work now that I have found wonderful ROON. But as you understand, I will have to cancel my subscription if there is no solution.

Attach some screenshots of the settings that may be relevant

Please help

Sincerely

Lars Axelsson

Sweden

Hello Lars,

have you activated roon ready on the streamer website under settings?

Can you see the stream box in Roon Audio setting?

Roon Core Machine

Hello

I just upgraded my system with a Pro-Ject Streamer Box Ultra.

Chose it because it was ROON ready.

Has started a trial subscription to ROON. I then thought to pay per year.

Now to my problem.

My new Streamer works perfectly and sounds magically good when I play via the Pro-Ject app

(connected to my DAC Primare NP30 via USB)

Have a powerful PC with ROON Core installed. Also it seems to work. I have scanned my music library about 70.000 songs. ROON shows and sorts EVERYTHING.

What a wonderful interface!

If I just make it work, I will never leave ROON.

From the ROON app, I see everything perfectly, even my Tidal playlists.

But I do not get any sound from the streamer via ROON.

Everything plays without problems via the ProJect app.

What did I miss?

Sees the Streamer (with IP 192.168.1.83) as an option when I click on the connection icon in ROON, but no sound from the streamer. When I switch to the ProJect app, everything works.

Is there any setting in ROON I missed?

Would be very happy if you can help me. Have searched online but not found any instructions on what to set on ROON

It would be extremely sad if I can not make this work now that I have found wonderful ROON. But as you understand, I will have to cancel my subscription if there is no solution.

Attach some screenshots of the settings that may be relevant

Please help

Sincerely

Lars Axelsson

Sweden

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Library Size

Description of Issue

A simple question , have you looked in settings /audio and enabled the Project Stream box as a Roon zone? You have to enable zones you want in Roon they don’t just appear on thier own.

I don’t have a Stream Box Ultra, but there has been threads on this topic earlier. Here is one for good reference: Having Issues with New Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra

Have you made sure you are running the latest firmware for the Stream Box?

Found this video going through some of the settings which are unique for using Stream Box with Roon: Pro-ject Stream Box S2 Ultra network bridge/streamer/purifier - YouTube

Hi Karl

I feel like a complete idiot. But the fact is that I have been dealing with High End facilities for almost 50 years. But ROON and streaming are new to me. (OK I have managed to connect to Tidal) Have not made any post in any forum, so it is very new at once for a 65-year-old.

Impressed and grateful for commitment and quick responses.

Have now checked settings in Pro-Ject and ROON

In Pro-Ject, “ROON ready seems to be active. But in ROON I see my Streamer, but it does not seem to be active. Do not understand how to activate it. When I click on settings

(gear) I get two options Device set-up and Disable

When I choose set-up, I see my Pro-Ject as both Bridge device and Audio device. But no “button” for activation.

Would be eternally grateful to you if you could give me some suggestions / tips

Just replaced my Primare N5 (streamer) with a Pro-Ject. Am completely satisfied with how it sounds.

My current system consists of the others by Martin Logan, Vincent and REL. Had now hoped to also include ROON

Thanks in advance

Lars Axelsson

Sweden

Hi Lars,

you have to select at the Device setup the correct DAC, on your post I can see two times the Pro-Ject Stream Box. At my setup it looks like this. Stream Box and a the DAC Pre Box. may this is the problem.

later you have to select the Audio device at the right bottom side.

hope this will help you out.

1 Like

Hi Karl

I feel like a complete idiot. But the fact is that I have been dealing with High End facilities for almost 50 years. But ROON and streaming are new to me. (OK I have managed to connect to Tidal) Have not made any post in any forum, so it is very new at once for a 65-year-old.

Impressed and grateful for commitment and quick responses.

Have now checked settings in Pro-Ject and ROON

In Pro-Ject, “ROON ready seems to be active. But in ROON I see my Streamer, but it does not seem to be active. Do not understand how to activate it. When I click on settings

(gear) I get two options Device set-up and Disable

When I choose set-up, I see my Pro-Ject as both Bridge device and Audio device. But no “button” for activation.

Would be eternally grateful to you if you could give me some suggestions / tips

Just replaced my Primare N5 (streamer) with a Pro-Ject. Am completely satisfied with how it sounds.

My current system consists of the others by Martin Logan, Vincent and REL. Had now hoped to also include ROON

Thanks in advance

Lars Axelsson

Sweden

Hi Lars,

the Stream Box is already activated, you just have to select the right audio device at the Device setup.
Make sure that the correct DAC is also selected in the web interface of the Pro-Ject Stream Box.

press not your device, make sure that the DAC is correctly connected to the Stream Box with a USB cable and it is switched on.

after all that the DAC Primare NP30 should be displayed, if not it is not recognized correctly. If your DAC not Roon tested it will appear like an Unidentified device, but he should work.

Now you have to select the Audio settings, for more information you can use the roon KNOWLEDGE BASE

https://help.roonlabs.com/portal/en/kb/roon-labs-llc/audio/general-audio-settings

Hi Karl

Many thanks for your help and commitment

Now everything works… …I think

My next challenge will be to find out how I make the best use of ROON

Thinking about:
-Is it an advantage to use ROON ROCK
(today I have CORE via PC)

• it is an advantage to download my music files from an external USB disk
    (today I download the files from my NAS Synology)

Is of course grateful if you want to share tips

Once again Many thanks

Hope you have a wonderful summer

Thanks
/ Lars Axelsson