Problem with internet connection to Tidal and Qobuz

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

ROCK OS, Build 401.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Wi-Fi router Keenetic Giga (KN-1010), DNS-servers:
ethernet connection to NUC (see my profile)
internet connection 60 Mb/s

Audio Devices (Specify connection type - USB/HDMI/ect.)

See my profile, Roon Control app. - iPad pro

Description Of Issue

Very long opening of Tidal and Qobuz libraries, sometimes it’s impossible to wait. Very long search, sometimes it is impossible to wait. The radio stops due to the inability to open the next track in Tidal or Qobuz. The described problems occur periodically, but often almost every evening.
It is at this time that I listen to music, because at other times I am busy, this problem makes it impossible for me to spend my free time listening to music.
Rebooting the core does not help.
Big doubts about the renewal of the subscription :frowning: .

Hi @Katun,

Does this slowness occur for all remote devices or just the iPad Pro?

Where is your library stored? How many tracks total do you have including local, TIDAL, and Qobuz?

I experienced the same issue recently. Try placing Google DNS 8.8.8.8 ahead of CloudFlare 1.1.1.1 (or remove 1.1.1.1) and try it.

Hi @dylan,
yes, for all remote devices (iphone se, win7).
Library is stored on sata ssd and NAS. I have 100423 total tracks.
Changing dns does not solve the problem.
Tidal and Qobuz work in own native apps on iPad w/o problems.

Hi @Katun,

Can you provide some specifics about your Core machine? What CPU are you using? How much RAM do you have available?

Can you confirm which version of Roon OS you’re on? You can find this by going to Settings > About.

Hi @dylan, see my profile (CPU turbo boost is off) RAM 8GB, SSD M.2 120GB (system), SSD 4GB (library).

Thanks for the info, @Katun.

Moving forward with our troubleshooting, I’d like to enable some diagnostics on your account. The next time Roon is unable to start a track from TIDAL or Qobuz can you make a note of the time and respond here with that time and your timezone? From there I’ll enable diagnostics so the team can take a closer look.

Hi @dylan, main problem is “Very long opening of Tidal and Qobuz libraries [in Roon Control], sometimes it’s impossible to wait. “

From there I’ll enable diagnostics so the team can take a closer look.

This is what I did not understand. Can be explained in more detail?

20.05 MSK, Russia. :frowning:

Hi @Katun,

Now that I have the timestamps, diagnostics have been enabled on your account. The next time your Core is active a diagnostics report will automatically be generated and uploaded directly to our servers

Once that’s been received, I’ll be sure to update this thread and pass the diagnostics over to the team for further analysis.

Hi @Katun,

I wanted to reach out because I’ve been keeping an eye on our servers, waiting for the aforementioned diagnostics report.

For some reason it is not reaching our servers, even after I tried re-enabling diagnostics on your account. I also ran a quick test and I was able to submit a similar report from my setup here, so something else is going on.

So we can move forward, I was hoping for now you could use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link. We will need logs from your Core machine.

Hi @Katun,

The next time that you’re in this state where things seem slow, I was hoping you could perform the following test. Please make a note of the time that you start the test and how long each step takes:

1. Run a speed test here and report your results in your response
  2. Open Overview page.
  3. Open Discover page.
  4. Perform a search for “The Beatles”.
  5. Open “The Beatles” artist page.
  6. Open the “Help!” album page.
  7. Start playback of “Help!” (how long does it take before it plays?).
  8. Search for “Daft Punk”.
  9. Open the “Daft Punk” artist page.
  10. Open the “Random Access Memories” album page.
  11. Start playback of “Random Access Memories”.

Respond here with the times for each and the time that you started (and your timezone). I’ll pass these results along to the team to aid in their investigation. Thanks!

1 Like

Well. The slowness problem was solved by installing of Ubuntu minimal 18.04 instead ROCK.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.