Problem with iPad Pro 10.5"

The ‘normal’ screen for my iPad:

The ‘bad’ screen for my iPad:

At the time of the screenshot, the white bar on the left was flashing between white and black. Usually, the left area is black, only sometimes exhibiting the flashing state.

Only once have I seen the superimposed screens: the ‘bottom’ screen flush left; the top screen flush right (hasn’t happened since; so, no pic).

I have to regretfully decline a reset of my iPad. I did that once, and vowed to never again, unless absolutely necessary. It took me far too long to get my pad back to what I consider normal. Since the problem has considerably lessened (I find always terminating the app after use and restarting it when needed helps at the current software levels), I have to submit that a reset is not necessary; especially since the phone version is problem free.

As a retired computer programmer, I can easily believe the problem is most likely an unknown interaction between iOS and the roon app. The problem, of course, is trying to resolve that unknown interaction into a fixable problem–fun times back when.

1 Like

Hi @Bob_Brinza,

Thank you for those additional details, I have added them to the investigation ticket tracking this behavior.

As you mentioned this appears to be an interaction between iOS and the Roon app, we will continue to investigate to see if we can get to the bottom of it.

@noris, I would just like to add that there has been more than 6 months since the original post. I can’t replicate this issue any more, but some users obviously can (and it looks the same as it looked in my case). Also, since I’ve also had experience with another bug (which wasn’t solved at all after many attempts of my cooperation, lots of lost hours with diagnostics and many passed months), my conclusion is that solving bugs with Roon takes ages… or doesn’t happen at all.

I could understand that if this was a car, or space shuttle, or nuclear plant. But it’s just a piece of software for filtering and playing music. Come on guys, can’t you up your game?

Not to even mention portrait mode on regular iPads or Pro 10.5. You can do it surely, you just don’t want to. Which is OK, you’re not regulated by anyone and you can do as you please. It’s just a shame.

@noris. There is a post in Support from Phil_Ryan with a screenshot of my ‘overlapping’ screens problem that I indicated showing up once.

1 Like

Every time I think the problem has ‘gone away’, it happens again. As always, only the iPad is affected; the phone app works.

Now that I’ve been using 1.8, the problem seems to have been resolved. However, there have been a few app freezes. That gets ‘fixed’ by exiting the app and restarting it. Haven’t seen a common ‘thread’ to the freezes.

Definitely do prefer portrait mode for the app.

1 Like