Problems with Fireface 400 on Windows 7

Hi,

On one of my PCs (Win 7 Pro 64 with a Fireface 400 audio interface), 1.3 is having problems establishing a connection with the device. Periodically it will show me the list of valid Fireface channels, but then it seems to lose connection and refreshes itself. Even if I am quick to click on the ENABLE button when the Fireface options show up, it can’t enable one.

I had no issues in 1.2.

Some screenshots:

Hi @madfloyd ---- I split your thread off since it appears you are experiencing a different issue.

As I have asked others, could you please please zip up the Logs folder from this latest install (they are in your Roon database folder) and upload them to Dropbox. Paste the Dropbox link in your reply here.

If you don’t have Dropbox or a place to upload them, just flag @support and we’ll let you know how to send them over to us

-Eric

My problem remains; Roon client can’t enable any audio devices - keeps ‘refreshing’.

@support I just shared my Roon logs. The email address used was support@roonlabs.com. If this is not correct, please advise.

Thanks!
Ian

Hi @madfloyd – the email address you used isn’t going to work. Would you be able to post a link to the logs (like from Dropbox or similar), or do you need a way to upload them to us directly?

Can you also confirm the details of your system, both Core and the device having problems with the Fireface? Can you also confirm whether this occurs with all Firewalls on both machines turned off?

Finally, can you confirm your drivers are fully updated for the Fireface 400?

Here’s the dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fag7vzmxwt9maig/Roon_log.zip?dl=0

My RME drivers weren’t the latest; updating them now and I will retry shortly (have to reboot).

My PC is an Intel i7 960 (first gen), 24GB RAM, Win 7 Professional.

Firewall is OFF on the Roon server PC but not on the client. Turning it off now and will reboot and see what happens.

No change with the latest drivers and firewall off.

After booting up the Roon client and clicking on “choose an audio zone” I see a list of all my RME choices (WASAPI and ASIO) but then they immediately disappear.

Oh… wait sec… they are back. I can now enable one… and yes… music playing – yay!

OK, seems it’s working now… thank you!

1 Like

Great! Closing this out, but let us know if you’re having any more issues.

Thanks!

This is really in reference to this thread (which is closed, hence me starting another):

I had it working the one time, but now when I load up the client, it has lost the audio devices.

The same symptoms occur - going in to Manage Audio devices, it oscillates back and forth between showing me a list of the local audio devices (in my case the default audio output along with all the channels of my RME Fireface 400 in either ASIO or WASAPI) and then a blank page with the message ‘refreshing’.

If only it stopped refreshing… :frowning:

Hey @madfloyd – sorry to hear you’re still having problems.

I just looked back at the logs you provided above, but I don’t think it’s enough to move forward here. Can you actually zip up the entire logs folder, but this time I want the logs from the RAATServer folder on whichever machine the Fireface 400 is connected to. You can find instructions here.

Drop me a link to the zip file here, and we’ll take a deeper look. Thanks!