Problems with iOS app Connecting to a Core

Hi @Lloyd_Borrett ---- Thank you for getting in touch and providing the requested feedback, very appreciated! A few things moving forward…

The Win10 laptop normally lives on the home network. I only take it into the office when I’m transferring new music onto the ROCK at work. It’s rarely used as a Roon control at work. But if the problem happens while it’s there, I’ll try it that way.

The Weather Station software runs on the Win7 based notebook connected via Ethernet cable. That software reads the data from the weather station base unit via USB and uploads it to the Weather Station web site. Thus it provides information about the local weather for customers that have to travel an hour or more to come scuba diving where we are. I’ll disable it at some point and see if the problem occurs while it’s off. I suspect it will.

• Please do keep me up to date on these tests and what is observed when they occur. Thanks!

I’ll check what the current software versions are when I’m at work, make sure they’re all up-to-date and report them to you. Has the iOS update been rolled out? My iPad Pro at home is reporting Roon Version 1.5 (build 333). ROCK at home is 1.5 (build 334).

Update: My iPad Pro at work is reporting Roon Version 1.5 (build 323). Not sure why it’s not updating. ROCK at home is 1.5 (build 334).

• As mentioned in our B334 release notes, Android, and iOS apps remain at Build 333. For the iPad at work can you please try uninstalling the application and re-downloading the latest version of the app?

Okay, so right now my home iPad Pro is in the can’t connect state. The Win10 laptop I’m writing this with is using Wi-Fi access to the internet and the ROCK.

The iPad can access the internet but can’t connect to the ROCK core. It’s in it’s “Initializing…” state.

Fing on the iPad can see the ROCK and ping it. @eric is there something else you want me to try while the iPad is in the problem state?

• Lloyd, I have gone ahead an enabled diagnostics on your account so we can take a closer look into this behavior for you. Once Roon is active on your core and the affected remote(s) a diagnostics report containing Roon logs from your various devices will automatically be generated/uploaded to our servers. If the affected remote is still in this state where is cannot connect, kindly please reboot the device so it can connect so we get the diagnostics.

-Eric

Note: Once the iPad has been updated to B333, please let me know how things behave.