Problems with ROON and TIDAL

I have currently two problems with ROON. One is that I encounter the message ‘Fatal Error’ - when I start up Roon - after couple of attempts ROON does start up despite this message. I use an iMac with the latest software and ROON

Second problem. When I try to add a tidal album - the process always ‘takes longer than normal’ - if I then try again the message is: ‘This album has been deleted’. The result is that I cannot add tidal albums…qobus works without a hitch.

I’m experiencing Tidal login problems: Roon reports login has failed, so I relogin which works, but Roon still says the login failed.

I guess there’s an outage somewhere between Roon and Tidal.

Tidal is now working again for me.

In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Hi @rasmussenmorten,

Can you provide some details on your networking setup? How is your Core connected to the network? What router is in use? Any other networking devices?

Are you able to play TIDAL content okay or is it just adding TIDAL content?

Did this work for you previously? Were there any changes around the time this started?

So first what is not working:

1. I cannot add an album in TIDAL. If I try to add one I first get the message: ‘This album takes longer to add’ and then if I try again after some time: ‘This album has been deleted’. The result is that I cannot add tidal albums…qobus works without a hitch.

2. Second problem: When I open Roon on my computer - I encounter the message ‘Fatal Error’ - when I start up Roon - after couple of attempts ROON does start up despite this message. I use an iMac with the latest software and ROON

3. I have an B&W A7 wifi speaker - and I cannot seem to avoid drop-outs in sound. It is present most days wen we use the A7. I use apple WIFI with a router - Apple AirPort Extreme and an apple extension router.

My setup is the following:

iMac (2019, 3,6 GHz 8-core Intel Core i9), 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Macintosh HD, Radeon Pro Vega 48 8 GB) - this is connected to a harddisk Format Mac OS - Journaled, 5 TB via USB and with a mytek 192 DSD DAC through firewire and a B&W A7 through WIFI. (WIFI Described above).

SOFTware: macOS Big Sur version 11.1 - Roon 1.7 (710).

Remotes latest versions on quite new iPhones and iPads.

Streaming services Qobus (works perfect) and Tidal

I hope that offers the necessary information!

The ROON Core is placed on the iMac and the music on the harddisk by the way!

I hope somebody will be able to assist me this week!

All the best,

Morten

Hi @rasmussenmorten,

Apologies for the delay from the holiday weekend!

Can you reproduce this and let me know the time that you add the album and the name of the album? I’ll enable diagnostics on your account so our team can take a look at what’s occurring here.

Our team is currently investigating this issue — I’ll follow up soon when I have more information

As we note in our Networking Guide, we typically recommend against WiFi, and we also recommend against Apple networking gear. It’s not 100% certain what the issue is just yet, but as a test, are you able to connect the A7 via Ethernet instead of WiFi? Do you experience the same dropouts?

ON the first point: It applies to all Tidal albums. I cannot seem to add any of them. Do you want me to add an album say on 22.00 CET (in eight minutes) - I have the Batbxy album TheHxliday ready for the test.

On the second point: Happy to hear you are investigating it. Finally on the third point, I also suspect the Wifi gear and will move to Wifi 6 soon and hope this will solve the issue. I will try to test it wired up as you suggest

Hi @rasmussenmorten,

Just to confirm, did you do this? Any time will work fine, just let me know after and we’ll review the report for that time!

Hi Dylan

Okay, I will do it now 15.25 CET on 7 January.

Thanks.

Morten

After half a minute the usual thing happened: It said:

This album has been deleted !!

Thanks, @rasmussenmorten. I just wanted to confirm that diagnostics were enabled and we’ll be in touch soon with further feedback.

It has been 17 days now. I hope you will soon come back and solve ‘the add album from tidal to Roon problem’ I am experiencing.

Sorry for the delay here, @rasmussenmorten! The technical team’s queue is a bit longer than typical at the moment.

Upon discussing the findings from diagnostics report with the team, we’ve found that there are a number of networking errors.

First, I’d recommend trying to use Google DNS — We’ve seen this help in situations similar to this.

Have you had a chance to give this a try yet?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.